Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Brat Patties on Homemade Rolls (pix)

Brat Patties on Homemade Rolls (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Decided to make some homemade burger buns today for the bratwurst patties that I had in the freezer. They turned out great.

I went with the recipe from King Arthur's website:

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/ ... ns-recipe/

Baked them in the oven at 375 deg f. They took longer than the recipe called for. The pan I used is pretty big, so I'm wondering if that shielded some of the heat from the bottom burner. Who knows, but all was well in the end.

Topped my brat patty with some hot chipotle mustard and hot chow chow.

The homemade rolls were good, but I'm wondering if they could be even better. I think I'm going to some more experimenting and try out a new recipe next time.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:58 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

that looks good dyal but i wonder if you can get mild or medium chow chow i think the hot would be to hot for me. im going to have to try the patties but for just me its store bought buns
TIMS BBQ

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, Tim! You can definitely get mild chow chow. It's located near the relish and pickles at the grocery store. Funny, I used to hate it when my mother made chow chow growing up...I thought it stunk up the house. I never would have imagined I would like it. Funny how your taste buds change over time.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

Those buns look awesome, first quick glance I was thinking was that salt on top, but then I realized it was sesame, but hey why couldn't it be salt? like a pretzel roll..

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:34 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That's a fine looking meal. Nice job on the burger buns.

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:47 am
Griffin well done
well done

Super impressed with the home-made buns. I really want to try that.

Never had a brat patty before. I'm thinking its the same as a brat, just not encased. Is that a regional thing?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:48 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's correct, Griffin...you could uncase some link brats and make your own if you wanted. They're definitely popular up here and in some cases are a better choice than links.

Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:21 am
QJuju well done
well done

I noticed the patties the last time I was at the mega-mart. I don't buy too much meat there, but they were tempting. Nice job and I am definitely down with the Chow Chow!

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Looks awesome Dyal. Also the the cornell chicken looks great. I'll have to try those.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion