Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Another week, another Friday

Another week, another Friday

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:42 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

And another weekend's almost here!

What's going on? I'm leaving it to the rest of the family to decide if I should grill something tonight, tomorrow we're tailgating at a baseball game, and Sunday I'm going to be out of town. So nothing major, but at least something!

Brad

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:46 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Grilled Cornell Chicken Sandwiches tonight but no plans for Saturday or Sunday yet. Gonna be some scorching hot weather here in SC (105 deg f), so we will probably limit the amount of time spent outside.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 pm
timbarber84 medium
medium

thats me dyal its suposed to bwe around 112 here in eastern kentucky saturday im staying in no grilling for me outside everything is in the sun
TIMS BBQ

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm
Griffin well done
well done

We'll actually be dropping below 100 today and for the weekend. Not like 98 is much of a differene. My brother was going to come over tomorrow night and we were going to do some rabbits, buthe just canceled, so no plans now....

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:04 pm
Kenny 13 well done
well done

I'm still not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds, so whether or not I'll be grilling anything depends on if my son can come to the store with me to lift a bag of lump then help me add some to the BGE. Sunday will make 3 weeks since I've grilled anything, but I'm hoping to do something this weekend even if it's as simple as burgers.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:45 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Weekend is looking even worse. Mrs. G has been in Atlanta since Monday. She just called and said she missed her flight. :( Two more flights, one at 5 something one at 6 something. Both booked, but she's on standby. Hope she makes one of them. Poor thing, stuck in the Atlanta airport. So I guess I'm on my own for dinner again and no thoughts of what to cook or much motivation.

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:38 pm
BBQ Deputy

Wow, that sucks. Hopefully she can get a seat on one of the flights.

I like to keep a couple of cheap pot pies or TV dinners in the freezer for nights when I just can't work up the interest in cooking or grabbing a quick bite somewhere.

Meanwhile, the rest of the family decided that grilled pizza would be good so I just lit the chimney, sliced the olives, and have already eaten half a package of pepperoni... :lol:

Post Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Griffin,

Hope the flight works out for your wife.....I've spent enough time on planes lately to empathize.

I'm going to fix cedar planked salmon this weekend and still need to decide what else to fix. I'm also planning on "catching up" after spending all of the time out on the road. That will take place starting Wednesday all the way through next weekend. Needless to say, I have some planning to do!
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 am
Griffin well done
well done

She did make it home. 5 hours late, but better than nothing. We'll figure out a cook tomorrow. For now, going to enjoy her being home.

Post Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:37 am
JeffJ2112 rare
rare

The wife and I are going to a cookout with a pit roasted goat. Looking forward to that!

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:40 am
BBQ Deputy

JeffJ2112 wrote:
The wife and I are going to a cookout with a pit roasted goat. Looking forward to that!

Sounds interesting...get any photos?

Post Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:50 pm
JeffJ2112 rare
rare

Unfortunately no. If they would have had the pit on site I would have. But as they live in a city that doesn't allow doing that in city limits, they did the cooking off-site.

The goat was a very nice surprise. A little milder flavor that lamb, which I wasn't expecting. The fat made it very rich though. I gotta get me some and smoke it, Texas Style!

Return to General Discussion