Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cast Iron Skillet Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

Cast Iron Skillet Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Griffin well done
well done

The pineapple upside down cake was such a success Sunday, I had to follow it up with another dessert. Wasn't sure what it would be till I stumbled on this recipe and I knew I had to make it.

I've been holding out on using the Komodo Sustainable Coconut Charcoal waiting for the perfect cook and it hit me yesterday....dessert would be perfect!!

I broke up about 7 pieces into 3 pieces each to top off my remaining charcoal

Glad I did, because it seem like only the ends would really catch. What surprised me was that it did not spark...AT ALL!! And it gave off a sweet, sugary smell as it burned.

I whipped up the cookie dough and pressed it down into a 10" CI skillet and put it on the Egg at 375ish.

About 40 minutes later it was done.

Gotta have some Blue Bell with that

Oh man....this stuff was soooo good! I could have just eaten that for dinner (and might have since Mrs. G was out of town.) Edges had a nice bite to them and the center was moist and chewy. Paired with some ice cream. Man oh man was that good.

And after an almost 4 hour long burn, this was what was left.

I'm impressed with this charcoal on first use. need to use it some more, but I like it.

For the recipe and more yummy pictures Click HERE

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:33 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

That really looks fantastic. Did the charcoal add anything to the cookie, as far as flavor goes?
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:02 am
Griffin well done
well done

Hard to tell. It really had a sweet, sugary smoke aroma, but I didn't really detect it in my cookie since it was so sweet anyway.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:10 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Keep making things like this and some furry, blue guy's going to show up at your house and take them! :lol:

That charcoal looks really interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it the next time I'm in a store that sells kamado cookers.

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:16 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Ya lost me on the furry blue guy comment. Who's that supposed to be?

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:40 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Ya lost me on the furry blue guy comment. Who's that supposed to be?

The Cookie Monster! ....duh! :wink:

Looks incredible, Griffin! I gotta try that. That will most definitely get me some brownie points from the wife, too.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Oh...sorry. My mind didn't go to Sesame Street right away.

Return to General Discussion