Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sirloin and veggies

Sirloin and veggies

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:36 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

For Father's Day my kids gave me a copy of Good Housekeeping Grilling so last Monday I made the Red Wine & Rosemary Porterhouse recipe.

However, there was 1 slight change: I used a sirloin instead of a porterhouse.

The recipe's pretty simple and it's an excuse to buy a bottle of decent wine. :wink:

The meat actually went in the marinade Sunday night so by Monday afternoon it was ready to go.

Since it was a fairly hefty chunk of beef I was able to leave it on the grill for awhile, and since I didn't rotate it 90 degrees the grill marks really seared in.

My wife had picked up some asparagus and mushrooms at the Farmers' Market so I cooked them in my other FD present: a Bobby Flay mesh grill basket. It worked pretty well but it seemed to take longer to cook the vegetables than it would've with my Weber grill basket and I didn't get quite the caramelization/charring, most likely because the mesh just doesn't heat up like sheet metal does. Still, they turned out just fine.
Image Image Image

Your plate is ready! Oh...did I say yours? I meant mine. :wink:

Like other marinades involving red wine, rosemary, and garlic this one didn't disappoint in the flavor department. Maybe next time I'll actually use the porterhouse the recipe calls for.

Brad

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am
Trollby well done
well done

Looks very tasty!

Thanks for sharing

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice! I think you did right by using the Sirloin instead of the Porterhouse. I don't think I could add a marinade to a cut like a Porterhouse....but it does sound good for a Sirloin.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am
QJuju well done
well done

Looks tasty and perfectly cooked.

Return to General Discussion