Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Steven Raichlen's Piri Piri Wings (pix)

Steven Raichlen's Piri Piri Wings (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:18 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

If (God Forbid) I ever have to choose my last meal, it would have to be either Fried Pork Chops or Steven Raichlen's Piri Piri Wings. This is absolutely, without a doubt, my very most favorite recipe that Steven has ever created.

http://www.primalgrill.org/recipe_detai ... isodeID=37

Since my wife is at the beach with her family, I am a Bachelor tonight. :wink: I thought I'd treat myself right and serve the wings on my very best China. :lol:

The flavor of these wings are incredible. I highly recommend the recipe.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:15 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Nicely done Dyal! Those look good enough to eat right of the screen. Seriously Piri Piri chicken wings are in my top 3 favorite wing recipes. SR's Calgary Hot Wings are also on that list. You certainly did yourself proud there.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:46 am
JeffJ2112 rare
rare

Wow, those look great! Think I'm gonna have to give them a go.

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:55 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

jfm0830 wrote:
Nicely done Dyal! Those look good enough to eat right of the screen. Seriously Piri Piri chicken wings are in my top 3 favorite wing recipes. SR's Calgary Hot Wings are also on that list. You certainly did yourself proud there.

Jim

I still haven't made the Calgary Hot Wings. I need to do those next. Do they pack a lot of flavor like the Piri Piri Wings do? What's the other recipe on your list?...I forget.

Jeff, you won't regret it. The flavor is awesome. I couldn't for the life of me throw away the leftover marinade yesterday, so I dug in the freezer and found a skinless boneless TURKEY breast last night. I placed that in there and had it marinading overnight. I also saved some glaze instead of throwing it out. Made this for lunch today:

Once I sliced up the turkey, I drizzled on the glaze. Also whipped up some simple Red Beans and Rice to go with. Turned out great!

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:46 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Those look awesome. I'm not sure why I keep putting this recipe off. I think I will do these on the 4th of July.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:43 am
QJuju well done
well done

Those look wonderful... I wish I had a plate right now! That is an awesome recipe to be sure.

Oh... love the china... we have a similar set! :)

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:06 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I don't know why, but I've never made the Piri-Piri Wings. I'm going to have to check out the recipe soon...can't remember for sure (on Monday mornings I'm lucky if I remember to put on pants before I leave the house) but I think it might be in BBQ USA.

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:13 am
Griffin well done
well done

Its definitely in Planet BBQ. Nice job on the wings, Dyal. Those are Mrs. G's favorites and she gets upset if I make them any other way. But of course she always forgets to tell me 24 hours in advance to start the marinating...

Post Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:53 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, y'all.... Brad, Griffin is correct, the recipe can be found in Planet Barbecue.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:51 am
Griffin well done
well done

I'm not saying that's the only book its in. I'm pretty sure he has it in another book, just can't member which one. Speaking of wings....I just remembered he had a pretty good one in Barbecue Bible that I haven't done in years. An Austrailian one if I recall with Fosters in it. Might have to do that one night while Mrs. G is out of town.

Return to General Discussion