Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Author Steven Raichlen offers a keen eye to love, loss...

Author Steven Raichlen offers a keen eye to love, loss...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
smokeybeaver well done
well done

A new novel combines heartbreak, mystery, love and cooking in a storyline that keeps you hooked from start to finish.

Click the link for the rest of the story and video:

http://www.king5.com/new-day-northwest/Author-Steven-Raichlen--159569425.html

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sounds interesting but I think I'll have my wife read it first. :wink:

She has a couple of books by an author who's also a really good knitter, and knitting is often woven (ha ha) into the storylines.

I don't know how successful I'd be at working a hobby or vocation into a novel. "She looked at him in the glow of the overhead fluorescent lights, his muscular back glistening with sweat as he carefully fitted the custom-ground Crower roller camshaft into the Pontiac 400 block that had been align-bored and set up with main studs...knowing all along that he was the only main stud for her." :lol:

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 am
QJuju well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

She has a couple of books by an author who's also a really good knitter, and knitting is often woven (ha ha) into the storylines.

I don't know how successful I'd be at working a hobby or vocation into a novel. "She looked at him in the glow of the overhead fluorescent lights, his muscular back glistening with sweat as he carefully fitted the custom-ground Crower roller camshaft into the Pontiac 400 block that had been align-bored and set up with main studs...knowing all along that he was the only main stud for her." :lol:

Dude... you're a natural!! shafts...bored... studs. When is this book coming out!! :lol: :P :lol:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:59 am
BBQ Deputy

I checked out Island Apart on Amazon and found this in the preview:

"But Claire’s new friend has a terrible secret that threatens to drive them apart forever."

I'll bet he turns out to be a rib boiler. :wink: :lol:

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:24 am
QJuju well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
I checked out Island Apart on Amazon and found this in the preview:

"But Claire’s new friend has a terrible secret that threatens to drive them apart forever."

I'll bet he turns out to be a rib boiler. :wink: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Well if he boils ribs she needs a new man for sure! :lol: :lol:

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:34 pm
Seattle-Q well done
well done

Oh man I missed out. his book signing at 3rd Place Books in WFP is a 15-20 minute drive from me. Well I already have BBQ Bible signed by him and a few other items but that would of been cool. Plus he is super cool in person. Very friendly.

BBQ Deputy

Mrs. SC is well into Island Apart and so far she thinks it's pretty good!

Re:

Post Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am
sroach well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

Is there something with me if this made me weep?

Return to General Discussion