Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion More Pizza

More Pizza

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

There was a disturbance in the force. Last night was the first time in 2 years that the Gamecocks Baseball team has lost a game when I've made pizza on the grill. :cry: I don't know what went wrong. Pizza was still good though. :roll: :)

Mine was topped with Marinara, Fresh Basil, Mozzarella, Feta Cheese, Sundried Tomatoes and Pepperoni.

My wife's pizza had the same, minus the Sundried Tomatoes and Basil.

This time I didn't use the Publix pre-made dough ball from their bakery. Instead I made the pizza dough recipe from the Naked Whiz website (Naked Whiz Bread Machine Pizza dough)...this was the recipe that Griffin recently used for his calzones (except I used White Cornmeal instead of yellow)...

http://grilldome.net/recipes/pizza/nake ... zza-dough/

http://griffinsgrub.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -the-bge/#

I followed the recipe from Griffin's blog when I was making the dough....I was thinking it was the same recipe as this one that I've made before (Naked Whiz NY Style pizza dough), except utilizing a bread machine instead of the old fashioned way of letting it rise in a warm location:

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/thermometer/nypizzadough.htm

I knew something was different, as the dough from last night seemed a little more dense than the Naked Whiz NY Style pizza dough. Wasn't until this evening that I realized they were 2 separate recipes. It was still good, but I prefer less denseness to the dough on my pizza (just my personal preference though). I have to say though, it was very convenient to use the bread machine.

I think I'm going to have to change it up for tomorrow's game versus Kent State. My lucky pizza days are over I believe. :lol: Maybe do some burgers since I've been craving those lately. I'll have to think about it.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

dyal i do beleve your going to turn into a pizza lol looks good i get over that way im coming to your house for pizza lol
TIMS BBQ

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:58 am
Griffin well done
well done

Sorry to hear that. Maybe its just the different pizza dough that jinxed it? Pizza still looks good, though.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:41 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That 3-legged thing that the stone's sitting on...is that the "platesetter"?

The pizza does look good, though. Was the crust tougher or chewier?

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:31 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:

Yeah it's the platesetter and then it looks like he uses legs that are provided by the Egg for even heat distribution.

I do my setup a little different but it accomplishes the same thing.

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, guys. Griffin, I changed it up for tonight. Had some Juicy Lucy's... :) I'll post those in a minute.

ScreamingChicken wrote:

Eddie is correct...that is how I set mine up. The crust was just heavier....not really tougher or chewier. The other doughs seem to be a little more "airy" inside, which I prefer. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't my favorite.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion