Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion REDI CHEK ET-732

REDI CHEK ET-732

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:25 pm
Paul03 medium-rare
medium-rare

All I can say is WOW! I've used an ET-73 for about 5 years. Oh, replaced probes to hi-temp, both switches broke in ON pos. (have to install batteries to turn on/sync). The biggest problem for me was the limited range. I live in a relocated log cabin (circa 1800) with 10"-12"x7" thick logs. With the '73 I could barely get a signal in the kitchen, 20' from the smoker. And of course would not know if the receiver was getting updates. But for the most part was happy.

Last week I received the ET-732 and just can not believe the improvements. It's going to be hard to get in the habit of just pressing on/off buttons and as my smoking temps are usually the same, not having to reprogram. But the MOST important thing to me is the range. I had no problem with the signal from the grill to the outside of the other end of the cabin. That's 90', plus 2 7"Oak logs and an 8" stud partition! The real test was it worked in the bedroom upstairs at the far end of the cabin. Besides the wall, the signal had to go through 8x8 Oak beams then the 2" floor. At the angle, I'm sure it's going through several beams. It takes me about an hour to have the CG stabilized at 230f and now I can get some sleep after a 4 a.m. start!

Just want to say I cannot recommend this more especially with all the new refinements. Image Bedroom is upper left, smoker is outside far right.
Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 pm
Paul03 medium-rare
medium-rare

Sorry, just realized this is a subject which has been posted by many before. Just so excited at how great this works. Didn't mean to be off subject for the general discussion forum.
Life's too short to drink bad beer.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Nothing to apologize for. It was great having some real world reports with distances in them. I have a 7 year old ET-73 that I got new probes for 2 years ago. It is still working fine, but your report has just pushed the ET-732 to the top of my list for new accessories.I'll keep the ET-73 around for when I need more temperature probes. Thanks for the report.

Jim

Return to General Discussion