Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Chicken sausages

Chicken sausages

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:52 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I found an interesting package of Usinger's sausage in the store: chicken cordon bleu sausages made with chicken, Canadian bacon, and Swiss cheese.

Monday afternoon was fairly calm so I actually brought my Smokey Joe out of the garage where I usually cook. The sausages were already cooked but I still warmed them up enough to get the casings to split, but I lost very little juice.
Image Image

I think Joe is in need of a cleaning!

Size-wise the sausages matched up with regular hot dog buns, so that's what I used. The flavors of the Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese were good definitely noticeable until I added mustard, which made them harder to detect. But I gotta have my mustard!

I think the package was $3.59 so the sausages are a little pricier than regular hot dogs, but not so expensive as to discourage me from buying them again.

Brad

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:00 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Very nice! Heck, $3.59 is nothing these days... Johnsonvilles run 5 or 6 bucks for a pack of 5 around here. Don't give Joe a bath...it gives him character. ;)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:51 am
QJuju well done
well done

I always like my chicken sausage to have canadian bacon and swiss cheese in it! :lol: Looks tasty...

Post Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:07 am
Griffin well done
well done

Those sound great. I'd buy them if I could find them around here.

Return to General Discussion