Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Salt Lick Chicken Leg Quarters

Salt Lick Chicken Leg Quarters

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Just so y'all know I haven't been slacking, here are a few pix from tonight. I've been grilling same ol' stuff recently. Tonight, I smoke roasted some leg quarters using the Salt Lick Dry Rub that Griffin sent me. Then I served it with some Salt Lick Spicy Sauce on the side....I love that stuff!

I used Apple wood for smoke...

Decided to try out these new-to-me beans as well. They were quite delicious to this Carolina boy.... :wink:

I think this meal was a tad too spicy for my wife, although she won't admit it. :lol: I think I'll back down on the heat for her sake next time and get the milder beans. These had some kick....and so does the Salt Lick.

I'm all out of my Salt Lick sauce now....time to order me some more. :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Looks real good. Nice color on the chicken. Is that salt lick rub an all purpose rub?
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:30 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

jsperk wrote:
Looks real good. Nice color on the chicken. Is that salt lick rub an all purpose rub?

Ya know, I'm not sure. I was curious about that myself. The label doesn't specify...it just says "Original Dry Rub." I don't think I'd use it heavy on brisket or pulled pork, as this stuff packs some heat! It has a lot of cayenne and black pepper. I'd limit it to chicken and pork chops. If you're cooking for those who don't care for too much heat, then I wouldn't recommend it. I like it a lot though.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:42 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The chicken legs look nice and meaty! I've not seen that variety of Bush's beans before; I'll have to be on the lookout for it.

Brad

Post Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am
Griffin well done
well done

I think its supposed to be an all around rub, but as Dyal said, its heavy handed on the pepper and cayenne. I almost put too much on my ribs the other week. I know I have used it on brisket, not sure if I have on butts.

You already went through that whole bottle of sauce? I'm surprised. If you do order some, do NOT order their new chipotle version....it is nasty.

Return to General Discussion