Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Memorial Day cooking

Memorial Day cooking

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sorry to hear you're stuck away from home, Jimmy. Maybe you can find an authentic barbecue joint!

Hope everyone else's weekend is off to a good start. It's been raining here since last night but it stopped awhile ago and the skies have started to clear, so it looks like it's going to be a good day.

Get those cameras ready! :lol:

Brad

Post Sat May 26, 2012 5:27 pm
jstewart well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Sorry to hear you're stuck away from home, Jimmy. Maybe you can find an authentic barbecue joint!

Hope everyone else's weekend is off to a good start. It's been raining here since last night but it stopped awhile ago and the skies have started to clear, so it looks like it's going to be a good day.

Get those cameras ready! :lol:

Brad

Brad,

Thanks. I've scoped out a couple of places locally and I do plan on trying one of them this weekend.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Sat May 26, 2012 8:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

jstewart wrote:
Brad,

Thanks. I've scoped out a couple of places locally and I do plan on trying one of them this weekend.

Sorry to hear that you have to be out of town, but try to make the best out of it! :) I always try to hit up at least one new-to-me place when business takes me away from home..... If you get a chance, take some pix and post a travelogue thread! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat May 26, 2012 9:17 pm
jstewart well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
jstewart wrote:
Brad,

Sorry to hear that you have to be out of town, but try to make the best out of it! :) I always try to hit up at least one new-to-me place when business takes me away from home..... If you get a chance, take some pix and post a travelogue thread! :)

Dyal,

Thanks for the idea, I had not thought of posting pics/review. I plan on trying to hit up one of the places tomorrow, so I'll post something after trying them out.
Jimmy
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber One Touch Silver

Post Tue May 29, 2012 9:04 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Three days and I cooked one thing: a plate of brats:

At least they turned out!

Brad

Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am
Griffin well done
well done

Grand Scale wrote:
Having some friends over for a pig roast. Only a small piggy at 50 pounds but still fun.

Ok....waiting for pictures....patiently....while I can....

Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:48 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

My father had some weird chicken-six legs, five breasts, and five thighs-- be fun to see it run- almost as much as watching a bonelss chicken move.

Oh-- rubbed with Old Bay seasoning then grilled them; when about done I brushed on some BBQ - not sure what it was, high fructose I know. Came off real good. :D
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Tue May 29, 2012 6:50 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Looks great, Bradley! Grand Scale, I'm patiently waiting as well. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Previous

Return to General Discussion