Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Salt Lick Chicken (pix)

Salt Lick Chicken (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:43 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Got a nice goodie bag from my buddy Griffin today... :D He hooked me up with a few of his favorites from TX... some Salt Lick Dry Rub, some Salt Lick Lauren's Spicy Recipe BBQ Sauce and a Baylor University t-shirt. 8)

Decided to try all of the above out tonight... I wasn't quite sure what to do with the Rub or Sauce, but I gave it a go on some Chicken Halves...

And my wife snapped a picture of me wearing the Baylor Bears shirt while I waited for the Big Green Egg to come up to temp.... :wink:

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times by now.....I am bee-yoo-ti-ful! :lol:

Anyways, enough pictures of yours truly, before all of you lose your appetite. :wink:

Smoke roasted the halved chicken at a dome temp of 375 deg f with some Apple and Cherry Woods for about 45 minutes to an hour.

I didn't sauce the chicken on the grill...instead I served the sauce on the side. I wanted the chicken to stay crispy.

Served up with some Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Momma's Homemade Rolls, Corn on the Cob, and the Salt Lick Spicy Recipe Sauce on the side.

This was some of the best chicken I've ever tasted. Griffin, you Texans know your stuff. Thanks again for the hookup! My wife snapped this picture just for fun....

I promise I didn't get any sauce on my shirt. I'll wear it proud when I watch the Bears play ball....UNLESS they are playing my SC Gamecocks. :twisted: Can't wait to give the Rub and the Sauce a try again...You gotta let me know what else I can use it with.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Those are some mighty tasty looking vittles there Dyal!!

Just a thought: I wouldn't spend too much time hanging out inside your grill gazebo, it looks like you could contract a great case of black lung. I always try and spend as much time outside of my EZ-Up as possible when I've got the smoker running. Same reason.

Jim

Post Fri May 25, 2012 11:12 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks, Jim! Don't worry, the smoke doesn't linger under the gazebo due to the design. I know what you mean about the EZ up tents and the smoke that lingers under them. And I also just stood beside the egg for a quick pic with the Baylor shirt. :) Wasn't under there for long.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Man oh man! Does that look good. Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Sittin by a fire at Lake Whitney State Park, hangin out, drinkin a few, surprised my teceptuon works. Glad it made there ok. I asked if you liked green or gold better. You said green, so I kept the other shirt that mirrors yours but green where its gold and vice versa, I needed a new BU shirt anyway. Just chowed sime barbacoa tacos.....gettin yelled at to get off the phone....my turn up for some horseshoes....

Post Sat May 26, 2012 11:02 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Have fun, Griffin... No problem about not getting back to me. Hope you enjoy the long weekend! :D If I go camping, it will hafta be without my wife. She refuses to go. I suggested camping for our anniversary next week, but she gave me the "eye" (you know the evil female eye to which I am referring), and said "No." So we are staying at a bed and breakfast next weekend at Lake Jocassee instead. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That is some excellent looking chicken. Nice job. :D 8)

Return to General Discussion