Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Marinated Sirloin Filets...(pix)

Marinated Sirloin Filets...(pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I bought some Sirloin Filets the other day. I was looking forward to doing something with them. One of my favorite steaks is the "Marinated Sirloin" from "California Dreaming," which is a chain steakhouse in my neck of the woods. I'm not sure if these are popular in other areas of the United States, but we have at least 3 California Dreamings that I'm aware of in South Carolina. Anyways, they have this Sirloin that is marinated for 48 hours in fruit juices, garlic and spices... It's not as sweet as you'd imagine...it's just really flavorful. I decided to take my sirloins out of the freezer last night and throw together an improvised marinade, consisting of Sprite, Fresh Lemonade, a splash of Dark Soy Sauce, Fresh Garlic, Black Peppercorns and a "Triple Medley Blend" of Diced Celery, Onions and Peppers. I had these sirloins marinading for approximately 24 hours before throwing them on the BGE.

After I took them out of the marinade, I gave them a quick dash of Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper.

Onto the grill they went....

Served up with some Sweet Potato Fries, Pickled Okra, and some buttered up Homemade Rolls that my wonderful and beautiful Momma gave me last week. :) I have the rolls in the freezer and they warmed back up perfectly in the oven with the fries.

The two things you are looking for in a good sirloin marinade is ACID and SALT... I didn't add too much Soy Sauce to this marinade, since I had them in there for 24 hours.... just a spash... I didn't want them to be overly salty, but I also wanted some salt in there so that the steaks didn't lose their natural juices to the Acid from the Sprite and Lemonade. And the extra flavors in there gave the steaks a killer flavor!!! The Acid also seemed to really help with the tenderization of these Sirloins. Definitely the best Sirloins I've ever grilled.

I was actually cooking for myself tonight. My wife decided to go out with her girls for dinner. And I invited SCBBQLVR over for a steak, but he declined... he said that his wife would beat him senseless if he came home with a full belly. What a pansy! :roll: :twisted: Anyways, I enjoyed it by myself....even if there was no one here to enjoy it with me. :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 pm
SCBBQLVR rare
rare

You didn't tell me all of that. You just said you were going to throw a sirloin on the grill. But I didn't ask either. Looks good. I'm going to try that.
Char-Griller Duo w/ SFB

Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:45 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

WOW !
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Thu May 24, 2012 10:35 pm
smokeybeaver well done
well done

Sirloin is probably my least favorite cut except for Salisbury, but you did a really nice job. That looks tasty!!!

I have never heard of California Dreaming the restaurant. I have heard of the song. Then again, we like when Californians visit, but prefer that they don't move here.

Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

No California Dreamin's here, but that is a "dreamy" lookin' steak. Nice C.H.G.M., gotta love those cast iron grill grates.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Fri May 25, 2012 8:31 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Sirloin's a nice steak to use with a stronger marinade. It's durable enough to take a good soak without turning mushy, but I like it just on its own, too. Nice job, Dyal!

Brad

Post Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks a lot, fellas'! The leftover steak was good too. My wife took a bite of it last night and agreed that it was a repeater. Tasted just as good, if not better than the Marinated Sirloin from California Dreaming.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun May 27, 2012 6:03 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That is a very interesting marinade you whipped up. The steaks look excellent. 8)

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:17 am
QJuju well done
well done

That is a great looking steak... and I agree with Gal about the marinade... sort of Asian Trinity Calfornia Chicky fusion. Sounds pretty tasty too! :)

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:43 am
Griffin well done
well done

Never heard of the restaurant, but two thumbs up on the cook!

Post Thu May 31, 2012 10:57 am
jsperk well done
well done

Looks perfect.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion