Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rib tip cook time

Rib tip cook time

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun May 20, 2012 12:06 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Today I'm going to try my hand at rib tips for the first time. Yeah, I know they're done when they're done but can anyone suggest a ballpark estimate of cooking time at around 250 degrees? I'm looking to avoid having them done hours early or hours late. Thanks!

Brad

Post Sun May 20, 2012 7:52 pm
jfm0830 well done
well done

Hi Brad:
This is probably too late and for this I apologize. I figured people who'd actually made these before would weigh in with an answer based on hands on experience.

As part of researching the SC mustard ribs I just made & posted, I got a couple new cookbooks. One of these was America's Best Ribs written by Ardie Davis & Paul Kirk. It had a section on trimming your own St. Louis cut ribs. They talked about the rib tips being good snacks for the cook and that they should be thrown on the smoker with the ribs and they will take a little over an hour. In this book they cook their ribs between 250 and 275. Hope this helps.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Mon May 21, 2012 9:11 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

You posted right about the time we were finishing dinner. :lol:

They were pretty big chunks and wound up cooking for 4-1/2 hours. I'll get around to posting some photos at some point...

Brad

Return to General Discussion