Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Off Topic--Completely Devastated...

Off Topic--Completely Devastated...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Mon May 07, 2012 5:39 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Married_Man wrote:
Just as an outsider to the disagreement, I wanted to say I didn't see CanadaBBQGuy as criticizing / attacking you QJuju (unless something was deleted from the thread???).

What I saw:

You stated you should bend the bolts. CanadaBBQGuy stated that's a bad idea because it puts undue stress on the bolts. You said it's BGE instruction. CBG's next post is directed at BGE, not you. He didn't say you were wrong, just that he felt BGE made a poor design decision. I tend to agree.

Just my observation. Maybe don't take it too serious?

Can't we all just get along.. Can't we all just... Can't we all just get along?? :wink:

+1. Married Man called that one 100% (and no, nothing was deleted). It had nothing to do with QJuju at all - sorry it was taken that way, though.
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon May 07, 2012 8:57 pm
QJuju well done
well done

I was quoted twice. The first time I was told that my comments were a very bad idea. The second time he may have directed the bulk of his comments at the egg but he quoted me and referenced my suggestion in the first sentence. I am not sure how I was supposed to take his remarks as anything but personal.

If they weren't personal why quote me? If I quoted you wouldn't you take it as a direct comment on your post? everyone would... It's why one is quoted.
I truly hope this is the end of it...

Post Mon May 07, 2012 9:03 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Who has two thumbs and glad to have his grill back?

This guy right here!!!

Dang I'm beeyootiful! 8) Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.... :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue May 08, 2012 12:06 pm
Delta rare
rare

Congrats...thank God all is right in the world, once again. Now start cookin'
Eat and drink well. It's better to die happy than to live miserably.

Post Tue May 08, 2012 1:52 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.... :lol:

He works out!

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:01 am
headbuttrubber medium-rare
medium-rare

Griffin! Do NOT give Dyal any ideas for his next photo. I don't think my eyes could handle seeing him in a speedo! :shock:

Dyal, I'm glad your BGE is back in working order. Is there any seasoning/heat tempering required for the new lid before you can use it?
Good Friends and Great BBQ... Life doesn't get any better.

Post Wed May 09, 2012 9:53 am
Griffin well done
well done

Haha....none of us could. I was just continuing on with his song.

Post Wed May 09, 2012 1:05 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

headbuttrubber, no seasoning required... And don't worry about me grilling in a speedo.... too much of a risk of flying sparks! :shock: :lol:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed May 16, 2012 9:42 am
Delta rare
rare

Dyal, since this went a bit off topic, I'll just add that I noticed you were a bit of a college baseball fan...big series coming up tomorrow, but I'm with the purple and gold. Great tradition and track records on both sides.

Good luck anyhow, and what are you going to put on that newly lidded egg for the series?

Post Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Delta wrote:
Dyal, since this went a bit off topic, I'll just add that I noticed you were a bit of a college baseball fan...big series coming up tomorrow, but I'm with the purple and gold. Great tradition and track records on both sides.

Good luck anyhow, and what are you going to put on that newly lidded egg for the series?

Pizza on the BGE is mandatory in my house for the series. :wink: I have a superstition...
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Better pray you don't have to go up against my Bears. Its the year of the Bear in case you haven't heard. 16 of Baylor's 19 varsity teams have earned postseason appearances.

Post Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Delta rare
rare

Sorry Dyal, hope we didn't ruin your cooking.

Previous

Return to General Discussion