Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Shrimptastic

Shrimptastic

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 04, 2012 8:38 am
Griffin well done
well done

The meal that didn't happen. Made shrimp two ways last night. Took lots of pics. Left card from camera at home. No pics, didn't happen. Guess you'll just have to wait to see the evidence later. :twisted:

Hope everybody has a great weekend and a wonderful Cinco de Drinko!

Post Fri May 04, 2012 8:48 am
QJuju well done
well done

I am looking forward to those pics! I am not sure of the holiday you are talking about. :) Here in Kentucky Saturday is Derby day and today is our own personal holiday-- Oaks Day. The town shuts down and people start to party. Mint juleps are for the tourists by the way... no self-respecting Kentuckian would mix mint with bourbon! :lol:

Post Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 am
Griffin well done
well done

Cinco de mayo. 5th of May. Celebrates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle of Puebla in 1862, not to be confused with Mexico's Independence Day which is Sept 16th. Most of Mexico doesn't even celebrate it (which we learned when we were on our honeymoon south of Cancun, although they do throw parties at the resorts for the gringos) Basically, the beer companies, tequila companies and Mexican restaurants have latched on to it and blown it up into a big party/drinking day to increase their profits. Lots of drinking done that day....at least in Texas. We'll be tossing back a few margaritas and some Dos Equis just for the heck of it. Maybe even a Dos-a-rita!

Post Fri May 04, 2012 10:19 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Lookin' forward to those pix too. My wife is dragging me to a neighborhood block party tomorrow. She said that we need more friends, need to be more sociable with the neighbors, blah blah blah. :roll: You know how wives can be...Naaaag nag nag nag nag... :x The host family is grilling chicken and hot dogs for the Kentucky Derby. Maybe I'll throw a pizza on the BGE or an appetizer of some sort to take with us? Guess we'll see, but I don't want to be rude and make the dude think I'm trying to one up his grillin' skills.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 04, 2012 10:32 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Shrimptastic? Throw one of these on the barbie! Unfortunately they might have a negative impact on their ecosystem, though.

Post Fri May 04, 2012 10:34 am
Griffin well done
well done

Suddenly I'm picturing you as the husband on Rules of Engagement. :lol:

I wouldn't take anything. Once they see how good you can cook, they'll always be wanting to come to your house to eat and who wants that?

Post Fri May 04, 2012 10:37 am
Griffin well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Shrimptastic? Throw one of these on the barbie! Unfortunately they might have a negative impact on their ecosystem, though.

Holy Humongous Shrimp!! Check out this one...

Post Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am
QJuju well done
well done

Griffin wrote:

Hay! Suess!!!

Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm
QJuju well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Cinco de mayo. 5th of May.

Dude... I knew that. Hence the smiley. :lol:

Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:22 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Oh....well aren't I the idiot? :oops:

:lol:

Post Fri May 04, 2012 12:45 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
Suddenly I'm picturing you as the husband on Rules of Engagement. :lol:

I wouldn't take anything. Once they see how good you can cook, they'll always be wanting to come to your house to eat and who wants that?

I just picked up the ingredients for your turtle eggs. Gonna whip up 2 batches of them. I can't back out now. I just saw my neighbor in the yard and asked him if they wanted me to bring an appetizer... told him about your turtle eggs. They're looking forward to them. What rub do you think I should use? I have a variety of Dizzy Pig rubs, some Sucklebusters, a homemade Apple rub, some Cajun rub, etc...
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri May 04, 2012 1:03 pm
Griffin well done
well done

I think when I did them I either used Stubb's Rub (basic bbq rub) or DP Dizzy Dust. Can't memeber.

Post Fri May 04, 2012 1:05 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Griffin wrote:
I think when I did them I either used Stubb's Rub (basic bbq rub) or DP Dizzy Dust. Can't memeber.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with my apple rub and see how it goes over with everyone.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to General Discussion