Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lange's Old Fashioned Meat Market

Lange's Old Fashioned Meat Market

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri May 04, 2012 3:40 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Was in Michigan City Indiana last Saturday and boy did I find a great place - Lange's Old Fashioned Meat Market. Peter Lange is a great guy and he makes some really good stuff. Bought both a beef and a pork jerky - this is not your traditional jerky - comes in a chunk and you slice what you what when you want, 2 smoked turkey breasts, 3/4 lb of a dry cured beef sliced, and 8 links of a smoked sausage that he had just made.
He told me to take a link of the sausage, hang it, and forget it for about a year and I'd be really suprised at how much the flavor intensifies. I've hung 4 links - I'll cut the 1st in 30 days, the 2nd in 3 months, the 3rd in 6 months, and the 4th in a year. Going to be interesting to see the progression.
He also sells prime beef and 28 day aged prime beef. Didn't buy any of this but will go back soon and try some. He had approximately 1 1/2" slices of prime rib on the bone tha had been 28 day aged. I was almost afraid to ask price per pound of the aged prime beef - my checkbook wasn't that big Saturday but I will be prepared the next time.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri May 04, 2012 9:36 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks and sounds like a good place!

http://langesmeatmarket.com/index.htm

Brad

Return to General Discussion