Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Subs

Homemade Hot Italian Sausage Subs

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am
Griffin well done
well done

If you recall, a few weeks back we made some Texas Hot Links. Well, at the same time we also made some Hot Italian Sausage. Haven't posted about it yet, because we haven't done anything with it till yesterday (and let me tell you it was killing me not to cook some of it up)

Stuffed

On the Egg at 400 (I was shooting for 350, but overshot and didn't bother to bring it down) with some peppers and onions

Halfway

Naked

Topped

I think this was our best sausage to date!! List of ingredients was much smaller than the Hot Links and they really stood out by themselves. Sausage was so juicy, the first bite it just exploded and ran down my chin. I can't wait to cook the rest. The recipe and more pictures can be found HERE

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

You're killing me! :shock: Another excellent sausage post! You're the Sausage Maestro! :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:23 am
Griffin well done
well done

And I gave you credit on my blog because at some time you had provided the link for the recipe for that sausage!! :D

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 pm
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Sausage looks fantastic! I love italian sausage and the toppings you chose look really good as well!

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

Our tulip festival starts in a couple of weeks and I will be first in line to get an Italian sausage with peppers and onions from one of the vendors. I love Italian sausage and the homemade sounds even better.

Never tried making sausage but looking at those photos I may have too, well done Griffin
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:59 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Very nicely done Griffin!

Those look wonderful!! You're making me crave sausage in a big way.

Those would definitely not fit on the New England style hot dog rolls made with that baking pan. It would be like trying to wear pants that are two sizes too small. They would be bursting at the seams or worse.

Jim

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:31 am
QJuju well done
well done

Perfection...

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

Everything looks so good--nice job!

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:09 pm
toyman medium
medium

Griffin - looks excellent. Between you and my daughter, I didn't stand a chance. A few weeks ago, she says to me "Dad, you know what you need to start making?" I said, "what?" reluctantly. She says "Sausage" I told her I needed something new to obsess about like a hole in my head. Then I see this post a few days ago, start googling sausage recipes and yesterday order a grinders/stuffer from Cabelas (go gift cards!). I guess I'm all in now!!!! I'll give you half credit for the new obsession Griffin!
Large Big Green Egg
JennAir NG 3 burner
Wood Fired Oven
Ultra Sear Grill
Weber Silver B

Post Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:07 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Sweet, you are gonna love making your own sausage.

Return to General Discussion