Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cheesy Pulled Beef BBQ Cornbread

Cheesy Pulled Beef BBQ Cornbread

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:39 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

I've been off from work today, home alone, bored and hungry. So I decided to dig around to see what I could concoct for lunch. I was originally thinking chicken and cornbread, but then I ran across this recipe on the bag of the corn meal...

Didn't have any pulled pork in the freezer, but I remembered that I did have a bag of Smoked Pulled Beef... I also didn't have any cheddar cheese on hand, but I did have some Mexican blend of cheeses, American cheese, and some Tostito's Queso... 8) This started sounding fantastilicious in my twisted brain... :idea:

Used a little bit of Sticky Fingers Memphis Original for the Sauce....

This baked indirect on top of the BGE's pizza stone for about 35 minutes at 400 deg f dome temp...

Drizzled a little more Sauce on top, and lunch is served... 8)

Holy Crap, was this good... :D I think I'll be using Tostito's Queso in my Cornbread from now on. Tasted awesome... cheesy, smoky, barbecuey, cornbready, spicy goodness. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm
Griffin well done
well done

:shock: You are smar-telligent! Absotutely bright-enius!! 8)

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:34 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks way better than the chicken patty I got from the vending machine today!

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:27 pm
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

Looks way better than the chicken patty I got from the vending machine today!

+1....but for $1.50 not bad for gut fill

Good looking stuff Dyal
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 pm
Nick medium-rare
medium-rare

I don't know if you have heard of a resturant called Marie Calendars, but they have really good cornbread, but its more cakey than usual, but it is great!!! Anyway, the reason I mention this is that you can find their mix at Costco, its like a 5 lb bag. It cooks up just like the resturant! I use milk instead of water, add a dash of Cayanne pepper, preheat cast iron skillet with butter, ohh man is it good! Just a thought if you like cakey corn bread, this mix is real good. Chopped jalepenos would be good in it too
Primo XL Oval
BeefEater Discovery 1000e 3-burner

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Why thank you, Gentlemen! :)

Nick wrote:
I don't know if you have heard of a resturant called Marie Calendars, but they have really good cornbread, but its more cakey than usual, but it is great!!! Anyway, the reason I mention this is that you can find their mix at Costco, its like a 5 lb bag. It cooks up just like the resturant! I use milk instead of water, add a dash of Cayanne pepper, preheat cast iron skillet with butter, ohh man is it good! Just a thought if you like cakey corn bread, this mix is real good. Chopped jalepenos would be good in it too

That sounds great. Never seen that brand of cornbread, but I have eaten their frozen foods before. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled. I usually either use Jiffy or make it from scratch.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 pm
timbarber84 medium-well
medium-well

man that looks good
TIMS BBQ

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:25 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Looks awesome!

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:41 am
tbk420 well done
well done

Very nice!! 8)

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:21 pm
d_holck well done
well done

Looks great. Recipe says it serves 6. Please send me my serving. 8)
"... mmmmmmm 'bacon'."

CG Outlaw w/SFB
UDS
Old classic Weber Kettle

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:22 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thx fellas'!

Doug, i noticed the serving size, too. I ate half of it for lunch.. Then I ate the other half for leftovers. :oops: Granted I used less meat than what it called for, but I still felt guilty... And then I got over it. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:42 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Looks great, Dyal! And I've tried some of the Marie Callender's products up here and they're worth a shot.

You say you used a bag of pulled beef. I hope it wasn't anything like the prepackaged "precooked pulled pork" stuff they had listed in the recipe. Using commercial pulled meat of any kind - that would be bad. :twisted:
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:

You say you used a bag of pulled beef. I hope it wasn't anything like the prepackaged "precooked pulled pork" stuff they had listed in the recipe. Using commercial pulled meat of any kind - that would be bad. :twisted:

You don't know me very well.... :wink: of couse it wasn't prepackaged!! :D
http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... ulled+beef
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 am
QJuju well done
well done

I bet that was tasty... Corn bread is wonderful and barbecue... well... enough said!

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:37 am
Married_Man medium-well
medium-well

Made this last night, but by the recipe using pork. Not bad. A nice change for left-over pulled pork.

It really came to life though, when topped with Bridges BBQ slaw and sauce :D

Thanks for the recipe!
CG Akorn - Kamado Kooker
CG Super Pro w/SFB
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"

Return to General Discussion