Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Meatball Subs...

Meatball Subs...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

These ain't no Subway subs... :wink: We had to use up some hamburger meat, and we had some leftover sausage rolls... so we decided on this.

These meatballs were seasoned with Italian Breadcrumbs, Salt and Pepper. We also stuffed a little bit of Gorgonzola cheese in the middle, then smoked them up with a chunk of Apple...

After those left the smoker, I put the pizza stone in the BGE and simmered the meatballs in some Cabernet Marinara inside while the BGE got up to temp...

Then placed a hefty dose of Mozzarella and Pepperoni on the Rolls and tosted them up on the Egg for a few minutes....

Kind of a conglomerate of things on the plate tonight....some of my wife's Roasted Potatoes and some leftover Macaroni Salad. The Meatball Subs got topped with a little Banana Pepper and some Parmesan.

The little pockets of Gorgonzola were quite tasty, if I may say so myself. :)

Sometimes the cheap improvised meals can be the most tasty and rewarding... I have to give Griffen some credit on this one. His turtle egg post is what put the idea of stuffed meatballs in my brain. Otherwise, it would have been an indoor-cooked Spaghetti night... :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:24 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That's one tasty, hearty looking meal, and you can't go wrong with Boar's Head products. :D

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:26 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

Love the looks of those meatballs. What's even better is everything was made on the Egg.

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:01 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The meatballs look and sound really tasty, Dyal...you should add them to some pasta sauce sometime!

Brad

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am
sroach well done
well done

Dyal,

You know its a good sandwich if it's messy.. :D

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:56 am
Griffin well done
well done

Nicely done. I love a good meatball sub (but detest Subway). Now you got my brain all aswimming. That has to go on the to do list.

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

That's one tasty, hearty looking meal, and you can't go wrong with Boar's Head products.

2nd the Boars Head products. Two of the best connections I have is a friend at Boars Head and a friend at Heinz 8)
Smoke it like you stole it

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
The meatballs look and sound really tasty, Dyal...you should add them to some pasta sauce sometime!

Brad

Thanks, y'all! Bradley, after I took them off the smoker, I simmered them in some marinara sauce. They were sloppy and oh so good. :wink:
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 pm
Michigander medium-rare
medium-rare

Going to have to try this one, looks fantastic and meatball is my favorite sub
Smoke it like you stole it

Return to General Discussion