Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion DAN IS HOME FOR THE FINAL TIME !

DAN IS HOME FOR THE FINAL TIME !

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Nephew, Dan, is an Army Special Forces Captain. He is a jumpmaster for 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (SOAR). SOAR is responsible for the insertion and extraction of other Special Forces such as Navy Seals and Army Green Berets and Delta Force. We've been expecting to hear within the next week or 10 days that Dan has returned from his 9th, and final, deployment. Dan has also been "out of country" for short periods during two events of major international significance - the death of Osama bin Laden and the Navy SEAL raid on the pirates in Somalia this past January. He reported 1 week late for his current deployment, being "out of country" during the Somalia raid the end of January.
Got the call last night, a little before 9 P.M. Central Time, that Dan is home!
Dan will leave the Army on June 1. Has already accepted a position in the semi-private sector that will start mid-September. He plans to spend the summer relaxing and touring the country on his Harley Soft Tail.
Special Ops often deploy for much shorter periods, go more frequently, and missions are much more intense than regular Army. Dan has been deployed or "out of country" for 829 days since July 2006.
WELCOME HOME DAN !
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 am
Kenny 13 well done
well done

Great news! When you get a chance, I would appreciate if you could give him a huge thanks for his service to our country. It's people like him who help us to continue to have the freedoms we enjoy and often take for granted.
Large Big Green Egg

What's On The Grill?

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:11 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's great to hear!

What are you going to grill to welcome him home? :wink:

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

Please give him a great big "thank you for your service" from a Vietnam Vet. :D
Last edited by jayeffel on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:39 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Glad to hear he is home safe. Thank him for his service to our country. No greater gift a person could give.

Post Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:30 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Thanks - I did get to talk to him for a little while yesterday but will talk more extensively later today. I will pass on your thanks.
Expect to see him several times in the Chicago area between June and early September. He is going to do an around the country on his Harley and has several friends in the area. and expect to see him coming, going, coming back, and going again.
I will grill whatever he likes as often as he likes. He can even bring me some road kill, as long as it's fresh, and we'll smoke that up to.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion