Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Vince's Famous Burgers

Vince's Famous Burgers

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:23 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last night I made Vince's Famous Burgers from Paul Kirk's Championship Barbecue.

The ingredients are pretty simple, although I had to leave out the onion because I didn't have one on hand. Measure, mix, form...that's all there is to it!
Image Image Image

In 49 states cheese is optional but around here it's pretty much mandatory. :wink:

I grilled the burgers on my Weber Go-Anywhere (charcoal) and was surprised that I barely got any flareups. This was the first ground beef I'd used from my yearly bulk order so apparently it might be a bit on the lean side this time around, but even though the burgers were thoroughly cooked they weren't dry. I suspect that the missing onion provides moisture as well as flavor.

They were pretty good and even with the hot sauce they weren't too spicy, which Mrs. SC appreciated. And now that I'm done with this post I'll turn on the TV and watch Bob's Burgers in 7 minutes. :lol:

Brad

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:32 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Man do those burgers look delicious. Cheese on burgers is not optional. Any state which thinks so can be expelled. :D :lol:

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:
Man do those burgers look delicious. Cheese on burgers is not optional. Any state which thinks so can be expelled. :D :lol:

Cheese on anything is not optional :)

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:48 am
Griffin well done
well done

Looks great, Brad. I think you are right that the onion would have provided even more moisture. A burger without cheese? That's just wrong, IMHO. Cheese is mandatory, and bacon is nice too. :wink:

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:49 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

Those are great looking and sounding burgers!!!

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:14 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

BBcue-Z wrote:
Those are great looking and sounding burgers!!!

+1!
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Those look like some flavorful burgers.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion