Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Beefeater gas BBQ

Beefeater gas BBQ

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:45 pm
Nick medium-rare
medium-rare

I came across a good deal on a Beefeater gas grill, and after a little research bought it. They come from Australia, although it sounds like they are actually made in China now :( , but anyway, got the grill, and it has some unique features about it. First, the burners are closer to the grates than normal, they call this an Australian style grill. Also, one half is a CI grate, the other half is a CI griddle. I cooked some steak tonight on the griddle section, and it really turned out quite good. There was a great crust, and no flareups, I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Anyway, just thoguht I would post and see if anyone had experience/tips with this "Australian" type of grill.

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 am
Griffin well done
well done

No, but we would love to see some pictures of it.

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:15 pm
jayeffel well done
well done

Chargriller King Griller (Kamado)
Chargriller Duo w/SFB;

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:00 pm
lostarrow well done
well done

Nick a good gasser is a useful part of your cooking gear.
I use mine a lot as an outdoor finishing oven finishing foil wrapped butts or briskets, foiled ribs etc. .
Imy preferred rib cooking technique is to smoke for 2-3 hours then finish on the gasser searing at the end.
I use mine for grilling seafood & other quick things & much more in the winter.
New Braunfels
vermont castings gas grill
WSM
Char-Griller Kamodo

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:38 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Have you cooked on it yet, Nick? If so, what're your initial opinions?

Post Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:23 pm
Nick medium-rare
medium-rare

I have only done the steaks I talked about in the first post, I got busy using the Primo to do 3 racks of ribs, and after that 6 corned beef points. As stated earlier, using the griddle to do the steaks on was a great hit, the crust on them was amazing. I have cooked steak on a griddle before, but never with the ability to get that kind of heat. I was really impressed. I think I have my bases covered now, ceramic for low and slow, and gas for quick sears, etc. So I would say so far I am very happy with both grills.
Primo XL Oval
BeefEater Discovery 1000e 3-burner

Return to General Discussion