Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Wok and Roll!

Wok and Roll!

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am
Griffin well done
well done

Pretty cheesey Subject line, huh?

Finally got to try out my wok last night on the BGE. Was a really fun and quick cook. And tasty! We went with a traditional brown garlic sauce that my wife dug up somewhere, some chicken, shrimp and a few veggies that we like. Did i mention it was tasty! And probably healthy! We've already decided that we are going to do stir fry again tomorrow night, but with a different recipe. Here's a few pics that my wife snapped.

Tons and tons more pics and recipes and info on how to do it HERE

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:24 pm
BBcue-Z well done
well done

That’s a great looking Stir-fry Griffin!!
I have the same exact wok and love it. Once you get it seasoned, nothing would stick to it. BTW, woks are good for a lot of other uses in addition to Stir Fry. I use mine to breakfast skillet, sausage and peppers, pepper steak, Fajitas, fried rice, Paella, Mexican Discada just to name few.
Congrats on your new toy :)

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

That looks simply luscious, Garfield! :wink: I gotta kiss up to Mrs. Dyal, that way she'll buy me a wok and spider. She's been stingy with my allowance lately, so it's time to step up my game. :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Looking good, Griffin. Congrats on your new grill toys.

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:11 am
Griffin well done
well done

Z - Thanks. I was thinking about discadas and trying to figure out a way to do Mexican. The obviuos to me was fajitas. It's a lready non-stick after the seasoning I did on it over two days. I imagine it will just keep getting better.

Heartburn_in_SC - start puckering up.

Tahnks SG. I'm afraid you'll get one and put my first attempt to shame.

Return to General Discussion