Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Miss Being Here ...

Miss Being Here ...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

After taking most of the winter off, I went back to work two weeks ago and haven't had a lot of time to check things out. I leave for work about 1:00 P.M. and get home between midnight and 01:00 A.M.
Cooked today, with a vengence - haven't cooked for almost 3 weeks and was going through withdrawal.
Fired up the 18 1/2" WSM and did a bone in pork butt, sirloin tip roast, and 6 pork steaks.
Fired up the 26 3/4" OTG and did 6 bone in skin on chicken breasts and 12 chicken legs + 4 boneless ribeye steaks for dinner.
Also tried to make my Grandma's version of potato dumplings. These haven't been made in over 25 years and Grandma didn't leave a recipe. They're not like any potato dumpling that I can find a recipe for. They're grey and ugly. They clump together. Let shredded cheddar cheese melt over them. We called them "squishy noodles. They were great! Mine didn't turn out but I learned some things and I'll try again next weekend.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:18 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yeah, I hate it when work gets in the way and ruins things. :wink:

So were you cooking for a small army or do you have a fridge full of leftovers now?

Brad

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:51 am
Cactus1 well done
well done

Wife and stepdaughter have busy schedules also - both get home from work around 6:00 P.M. + the almost 3 year old grandson keeps everyone hopping.
Just took cooking pressure off of them. Vac packed and froze the sirloin tip, 1/2 the butt - I didn't pull it, and half the chicken. I enjoy the cook and guess it made sense to just load up and go.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Return to General Discussion