Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Cooking in Batches, Eating Healthier

Cooking in Batches, Eating Healthier

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:34 am
Griffin well done
well done

Started off this week being sick, so I haven't been posting as much. Tuesday night, I decided to cook up a double batch of chicken breasts since I still wasn't feeling good, but wanted some healthy options for eating on during the week. Half got just a basic marinade of Italian dressing along with some Fiesta Fajita seasonings, the other half got Lou Malnati's Sweet Vinaigrette that my secret santa sent me. Figured that would get us at least 2 meals.

Chicken for fajitas, didn't get any plated up pics.

Lou Malnati's chicken with some rice and hominy (i do not like hominy, I discovered)

Rest of the write up is Here BTW...I've lost almost 10 pounds this week. Could be the eating less and eating better, or being sick or a combo of both, who knows? But I'm excited.

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:58 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

The Lou Malnati's vinaigrette sounds interesting. Does it have a noticeable sweetness or is "sweet" more of a marketing term? I'm going to be in Chicago in 3 weeks and if I have the time I might stop in a grocery store to see what regional items are available.

I should do more batch cooking on the weekends. It's something I do on occasion but mostly any weekend food that makes it to Monday and beyond counts as leftovers. :wink:

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hopefully you're back to 100% soon.

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:00 pm
Griffin well done
well done

It was very sweet. I won't use it as a marinade again, and probably won't use in on a salad. I've heard great things about their pizza, but they can keep their vinaigrette.

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:54 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Great job on the weight loss. Not sure if I've ever had hominy... Chicken looks great.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 pm
2beast medium-well
medium-well

Nice looking chicken breasts.

I try to cook extra as well to keep us going for a few days .

Return to General Discussion