Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion coldsmoke cheese/hamburger patty melt

coldsmoke cheese/hamburger patty melt

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:12 pm
jsperk well done
well done

I wanted to try the grilled cheese burger like Griffin made but I backed out. I 4 lost pounds and didn't want start over. I should have just manned up.
Cheese on the grill dome and dinner cooked on the weber. I cold smoked some sharp cheddar,cracked black pepper cheese,colby, mozeralla and some velvetta for cold smoke mac n cheese some day.
I'm sure the butter between the burger didn't help my weight. I read about a butter burger, didn't do anything for me. Also made fish for the wife.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:21 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

:shock: that looks too good! I wish I had your wife's will power! But even her plate looks dang good... I couldn't pass up that burger though, so I would have both! :)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:42 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
:shock: that looks too good! I wish I had your wife's will power! But even her plate looks dang good... I couldn't pass up that burger though, so I would have both! :)

Thanks. It's easy for her she don't eat beef anymore. She didn't even like it next to her brussel sprouts.
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:40 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

How'd the smoked cheese turn out?

I like the idea of melting the cheese on the bun or bread because I think there's less drip loss that way, but at the same time I like when the cheese melts and mixes with the burger juice.

I've tried butter in the center of burgers before and for me there has to be a pretty fair amount to make a difference. Probably the most extreme version is the one served by Solly's in Milwaukee...now that's a butter burger! :shock:

Brad

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:05 am
Griffin well done
well done

Nicely done!

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 pm
Cactus1 well done
well done

Good Job! I did basic burgers last night - they were good.
* IHP Cactus Farm & Sauce Shack *
18 1/2 & 22 1/2" WSM
22 1/2" OTS
26 3/4" OTG

Post Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:27 pm
jsperk well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
How'd the smoked cheese turn out?

I like the idea of melting the cheese on the bun or bread because I think there's less drip loss that way, but at the same time I like when the cheese melts and mixes with the burger juice.

I've tried butter in the center of burgers before and for me there has to be a pretty fair amount to make a difference. Probably the most extreme version is the one served by Solly's in Milwaukee...now that's a butter burger! :shock:

Brad

Thanks all.
That solly burger looks great. The cheese turned out great.
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:24 am
QJuju well done
well done

Tasty looking burger and I might have taken the fish... love fish. Anyway, both look tasty and I have to get around to smoking some cheese sometime soon.

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:03 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

Dyal_SC wrote:
But even her plate looks dang good... I couldn't pass up that burger though, so I would have both! :)

I would have to agree. :)

Return to General Discussion