Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Smoke Roasted Vinegar Pepper Chicken

Smoke Roasted Vinegar Pepper Chicken

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:13 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

It had been since Sunday since I had grilled anything....a full 3 days...that's unacceptable. :evil: Work should not hafta interfere with my grilling habit. I think I'm going to file a complaint. :twisted:

Spatchcocked this chicken and seasoned it with only Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper, since I added the Sauce later on in the cook... I used Apple Chunks for smoke. Thanks goes to Griffin for the tip on grilling the chicken direct on the raised grid. Never had chicken turn out so well until I started doing it this way.

Mopped the chicken with a mixture of the Carolina Gold Vinegar Pepper Sauce and Apple Cider Vinegar. The sauce alone is delicious, but too spicy for my wife. It set my lips on fire in the past as well, so I cut in the Apple Cider Vinegar this time. It was perfect...

Served with some Stovetop Mac n' Cheese, Cole Slaw and Grillin' Beans...

Chicken was nice and smokey, with a good kick from the peppers and vinegar... the skin was nice and bite through as well (thanks again, Grif!)...

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

That's some good-looking chicken...add an egg to your basting sauce and you'e got a nice Cornell variation! What temp did you cook at?

Brad

Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
That's some good-looking chicken...add an egg to your basting sauce and you'e got a nice Cornell variation! What temp did you cook at?

Brad

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to read up on the Cornell chicken... I don't know much about it. I remember jfm0830's post though, and that looked incredible:

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... ht=cornell

I used a dome temp of 375 deg f... seems to be just the right temp for the BGE.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

That looks very tasty.

Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:15 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking yardbird. Glad I could help.

Return to General Discussion