Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Last coupla cooks...

Last coupla cooks...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife took over my mancave the night before last, and we had some Grilled Chicken Salads. She used her super secret blackening rub and did this salad justice!

Then tonight, I got the BGE back to myself and whipped up some home ground sliders... I used some dry aged fat that I had saved and mixed that in with some chuck roast. I made 3 bigger patties and have those in the freezer for burgers later on....

Seasoned the Sliders simply with Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper. Then finished them with a Garlic, Chives and Parsley Herb Butter... You could definitely smell and taste the difference with the Dry Aged Fat mixed in... :)

This shot was taken while the Herb Butter was melting on top of the Sliders:

Plated with some Homemade Tater Chips that my wife made, along with some Ranch to dip the Chips in...

Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Those burgers look mighty tasty with all that fat mixed in...were they maybe about 65/35? :lol:

Brad

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

ScreamingChicken wrote:
Those burgers look mighty tasty with all that fat mixed in...were they maybe about 65/35? :lol:

Brad

That's probably a good estimate. :lol: I made sure not to cook them too long so they wouldn't shrink up from all the fat. They still had a little pink in them...juiciest sliders I've ever had. :)

I'm still debating on what to do with the rest of the dry aged fat. I'm thinking that cutting it into some homemade beef-based sausages of some sort may be really good.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:42 pm
phillyjazz well done
well done

The fat freezes well. I keep it around for just such occasions. Can't believe I used to throw it out !!

Sliders look rockin'. Don't want to eat like that every night, but life is too short to eat dry burgers.
- Phillyjazz -

Grill Dome ceramic / Ducane Affinity 4200 gasser/ Concrete pit

Post Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:16 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

phillyjazz wrote:
Sliders look rockin'. Don't want to eat like that every night, but life is too short to eat dry burgers.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Nice looking meals. :)

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:27 am
Griffin well done
well done

Amazing, simply amazing!

Post Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:23 am
QJuju well done
well done

I bet that was one delicious burger... the fat is where its at! :)

Return to General Discussion