Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Char-Griller Family

The Char-Griller Family

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:50 pm
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I had the same issue Z. None of the links to the rest of the thread functioned. Which left me wondering if they have the rest of the thread. It would be great if someone from Workman could contact them.

Post Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:10 pm
burgers rare
rare

Hmm... Sorry, I thought it worked. I could've sworn I clicked around here and there to be sure before I posted.

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up...
TANSTAAFL

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:57 pm
Ynot rare
rare

I can't recall if anyone said that a rotisserie is possible on a Duo w/sfb. Will this work out of the box from CG? Mods? Got pics?

Thx
Char Griller Trio
Smokey Joe
Microwave

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:09 pm

This is my first post on this site. I am applying mods I found on this site to my new CG Outlaw smoker. I've had 2 Pro's for over 10 yrs that worked wonderfully, but I wanted space and, maybe, prep for competition - I think the CG can do it. I remember a link from this thread where someone posted the steps THEY took to modify the front and side shelves on a CG Pro. Since the snafu with the site most links have disappeared and pictures have gone as well. Nice to see things are being resurrected (good job site moderators!). Has anyone seen this, remember this, or can direct me where I might find this? I have applied most of the mods I wanted but the Outlaw requires different measurements etc. So far so good. Thanks for your help with this!!

CarolinaDoc
CG Pro
CG Outlaw
BJCP Recognized Beer Judge
CarolinaDoc

CG Pro w/SFB
CG Outlaw w/SFB - Modified
BJCP Recognized Beer Judge

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:31 pm
BeeboQ raw
raw

YNOT
I believe on the CG Website they tell you what you need to buy to set up a rotisserie on the DUO. They also tell you what you need to have a rotisserie goingon both sides at the same time. Might require addtitonal forks and spit rod.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:04 pm
Ynot rare
rare

BeeboQ,
Thanks. I ended up calling CG and they told me where to go and what to get. The only thing that bothers me is that they say I won't have access to the SFB the normal way, from above.

The rep said that the spit rod hits the door. She said that I can put my coal/wood in the side sliding ash tray instead. I chuckled and thought there must be a mod out there to overcome this, maybe a notch in the door and a foil plug? Trimming down the spit rod?

Either way I'll order it and see what I can do.

Long term I'd like to smoke a whole chicken on the rotisserie. I also wonder if I'll be able to close the lid all the way with a whole chicken on it. ??

Tony
Char Griller Trio
Smokey Joe
Microwave

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:10 pm
miss_rach rare
rare

I watch some of the BBQ shows on food netwrok and see that alot of folks that compete have temp controlled fans that blow air into the SFB. Has anyone tried to hook something like this up? I think it would work because many times I go out to smoke and theres no wind at all and it hard to raise the temp but if I could have some sort of fan hooked up it would work great.
Just want to see if anyone has tried this on your system?

Cheers!
CG Super Pro w/SFB

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:54 am
barnyardman medium
medium

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:05 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Ahhh.

I forgot about that unit.

Thanks BYM

-YB
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
New Braunfels Hondo offset
Bar-B-Chef offset
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Q-220

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:49 am
tonydp raw
raw

Anyone know of replacement grates that aren't cast iron and fit the outlaw?

why is my status raw btw? I've been here for a while! Did someone complain about my steaks. :wink:
Char-Griller Outlaw
SFB and Grill
Treager Thermostat

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 pm
miss_rach rare
rare

Ok Guys this one is off the wall but figured I'd ask.....
I was in my local grocery store the other day and they are having a close out summer sale of CG SP's for $75 brand new in the box. SInce I already have one but have been thinking about getting something larger so I could put a whole (small) hog on it I started to think if there is a way that I could "mate" 2 SPs together.

Has anyone else thought of this or done it? It can't be that hard.
CG Super Pro w/SFB

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:09 pm
jhumpert well done
well done

Howdy Yall,
This is my first post here and I am looking to get my first smoker grill hopefully this weekend. I have been doing a little bit of smoking already using a char broil smoker but for my own grill I am looking at the Char-Griller smoker pro.

After reading alot of these posts regarding the char-griller I think I am making the right choice. I am looking forward to reading and participating in discussions here and hoping that I can learn alot from all your experience.

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:49 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, jhumpert! :D

Hopefully we'll soon see some more of the old posts of CharGriller mods here. We had some really nice ones before the thread went down.

And miss_rach - sorry, I've never seen anyone mate two CG SPs together. I bought an Outlaw instead, and once I finally find a decent rotisserie rig for it I'll be trying a whole hog on it. It won't handle a big hog, but I figure I can still get a 25-30 pounder on there, and my butcher agrees. :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:54 am
miss_rach rare
rare

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
And miss_rach - sorry, I've never seen anyone mate two CG SPs together. I bought an Outlaw instead, and once I finally find a decent rotisserie rig for it I'll be trying a whole hog on it. It won't handle a big hog, but I figure I can still get a 25-30 pounder on there, and my butcher agrees. :D

So you think you can get a 25 - 30 pound hog on an outlaw? I've never actually seen the size of an outlaw and that is my goal to be able to do a whole hog.
CG Super Pro w/SFB

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion