Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Sliders for the kids (pix)

Sliders for the kids (pix)

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:37 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

My wife and I are keeping my niece and nephews (3 of our Godchildren) this weekend. They are 5 years old, 3 years old, and 23 months old. Decided to keep it simple with some sliders.

They decorated my patio before it rained. They didn't like it too much when it started to rain...they were screaming at the sky saying "NOO!!!" :lol:

I used Brad's idea, and put some Peppercorn Ranch Dressing in the patties. Dusted them with some DP Cowlick. We didn't notice a huge flavor difference with using the Ranch, but it did make them more juicy, and they were a lot easier to get out of the press...no sticking whatsoever.

Topped with little squares of American Cheese:

No plated pix, but you get the idea. Now the kids are tucked in and the wife and I are watching our Gamecocks spank Vandy! Keep it up, Cocks! :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:15 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

Leapin' lizards, sure wish I had some of those, Dyal! Great Idea, and go Cocks! I'm watchin' me Angels game. :D
Got beer???

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:30 am
smokin'gal well done
well done

The burgers look tasty. How do you like the cast iron grate for the BGE? Do you use the original grate much?

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:45 am
SCmustardman well done
well done

Ha ha ha! :lol: Now I am not the only one that has had his mancave decorated with sidewalk chalk! Way to go Gamecocks! Clemson was awesome too!
I've never had a bad day barbequeing or fishing. I've just had some that were better than others.

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:06 am
EddieK1376 well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:
The burgers look tasty. How do you like the cast iron grate for the BGE? Do you use the original grate much?

I like my CI grates and I use them for everything except when I do either a BCC or lo and slow. No need for it then....

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

smokin'gal wrote:

I absolutely love the cast iron grill grate. As Eddie said, I use it for all my high temp grills and use the other one for my lower temp grills. It gives killer grill marks when it's lubed and at a high temp. I use the other one at temps less than 400 deg f...

Mustardman, I have a bad feeling for when the rivals meet. Clemson is most definitely looking impressive. :?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

Lookin' really good Dyal. After seeing those I think it's time for me to do the Cooks Country Juicy Lucy recipe that has been on my to do list.

I concur you get grate grill marks with cast iron.
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:35 am
Griffin well done
well done

Great looking sliders. I could go for a burger right about now.

How did your Game Pigeons end up doing? :twisted:

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am
jsperk well done
well done

Burgers, one of m favorites. i eat burgers twice a week. I never get tired of them. Lookin good.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:42 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Mmmm...burgers! So were they slightly smaller than regular ones? I get the feeling they were because you called them sliders, but the size of the cheese slices is messing with my sense of scale. :lol:

Don't forget to add a link to the "One Hamburger Summer" thread!

Brad

Post Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:26 pm
sroach well done
well done

Put two of those on a bun and pass it over!!

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:52 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Thanks y'all!

Grif, we won, but our Quarterbacking skills suck horribly. Hope we get that worked out before Auburn on Saturday.

Brad, yeah they were tiny burgers. I served them on dinner rolls. To give you a better sense of scale, I cut standard cheese slices into 1/4's. So each burger was topped with one or two 1/4 pieces of cheese. Thanks for the reminder! :) I'll go ahead and post the link there as well.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Sorry to hear about your QB. Our's, RG3, is kicking some booite! :D

Return to General Discussion