Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Patty melts

Patty melts

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:37 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Last Sunday I was going to grill up some burgers and decided to change things up a little. Every so often I mix the ground beef with creamy salad dressing, diced bacon, and cheese and since I hadn't done that for awhile it seemed like a good thing to do.

There are no set measurements, just what feels right.

A bacon wrap helps keep at least some of the cheese and dressing in the meat but some will invariably be lost.

Direct grilling would really create a mess so indirect is better.

Instead of regular burgers I decided that patty melts would be a nice change, and it's not a patty melt without bread of some sort. My preference is rye and I buttered and grilled it.

I'd like to take credit for a killer smoke ring but that's just the bacon. :wink: The burgers were thoroughly cooked but still moist thanks to the other ingredients, although they were a little small for the bread.

The burgers had plenty of flavor and the crispy bread was a nice alternative to regular buns. Regular burgers are always good but there's nothing wrong with a little creativity now and then!

Brad

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:39 pm
smokin'gal well done
well done

That looks very tasty and is an interesting twist on a burger. Thanks for sharing.

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:32 pm
Griffin well done
well done

Yep....I'd eat that in a heartbeat.

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:46 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Saw this earlier today, but I'm just now getting a chance to reply. Those are some excellent and creative looking burgers! Thanks for the inspiration with the Creamy Ranch Dressing. After seeing your post, I knew I had to try it with the sliders that I had planned. I didn't notice too much of a flavor difference, but I didn't wrap them in bacon and I didn't grill them indirect. BUT, they were very, very moist, especially for small sliders. Do you taste the ranch after using your method?
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 pm
beercuer User avatar
well done
well done

My goodness, those melts do look tasty, Brad! :D
Got beer???

Post Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:01 pm
jsperk well done
well done

Brad, those are incredible looking. I have to make those.
Weber OTG/smokneator/rotisserie
Grill Dome/Stoker

Return to General Discussion