Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Chisolm Trail BBQ Lockhart, Texas

Chisolm Trail BBQ Lockhart, Texas

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:13 am
Griffin well done
well done

We were passing through Lockhart once again yesterday, but weren't really feeling the bbq craving. Didn't want to stop at Smitty's or Kreuz or Blacks again. We have always been curious about Chisolm Trail BBQ, but the line had always been long in the past. We were curious because their sign outside states they have things like catfish, fajitas and other odd items for a bbq place to serve.

When we went by yesterday, there was only one car in the drive through line (yes, I said they have a drive through lane, great when its 100+ degrees and you have two dogs in the car) so we decided to give it a shot. The wife and I both ordered a ham sandwich. Came out to be under $6, but man was it good. It was on a huge bun and had a nice thick slice of ham (no deli sliced ham here), lettuce, tomatoes, onions and pickles. It was perfecly balanced. You could taste a the smoke on the outer edges of the slice of ham. Just perfect. Its hard to make a ham sandwich sound as good as it tastes, but if you are ever in Lockhart and don't feel like bbq (which is kind of weird) this is a good alternative. Will try and stop by next time and get some brisket or sausage or something.

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:41 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Chisholm Trail sounds like a good place and a somewhat nontraditional menu provides a nice alternative.

One of my favorite sandwiches is a nice thick slice of ham on white bread with yellow mustard.

Brad

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:58 am
Griffin well done
well done

Its not as well known as the big 3, but from what I have read, its where the locals actually go to get bbq. They leave the other 3 for the tourists. I don't know that for sure, just what I have read.

Return to Best BBQ Joint