Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Deep Fried Turkey

Deep Fried Turkey

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:50 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Its not grilling or smoking, but. I did my first deep fried turkey this year and it was fantastic. A 14 pound turkey cooked to perfection in 50 minutes. I was amazed that the burner arrangement could heat 3 gallons of oil and keep it hot with a cold turkey in it (no pun). It was 35 degrees out on the patio. I don’t know this is going to be a problem for future T days……fry of smoke. I know, do both……. :lol:

Post Sun Nov 30, 2003 11:54 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

ThrRoff

That sounds like a good solution,,Deep fry and smoke. Something for everyone!!
Looks like you solved your logging on issues.

Pete

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:17 am

Hickory Pete,

Looks like, but I still have trouble posting. Some times it works, and sometimes it doesn't...Who knows......

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:47 am
dkirn well done
well done

For your log in problem you might need to take a look at your Privacy Settings in your browser. I expericenced the same problem when I changed my Privacy Settings in Internet Explorer. Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options. When that window opens select the Privacy Tab. You will see a adjustment slider - I have found that anything higher that Medium will give you problems with logging in and also posting. I was able to log in most of the time but it would not allow me to post.

Just a suggestion

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:22 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Roff - I feel the same way.
Here's the toy I have, it's a 7 in 1 deal. I can go from frying to smoking in no time flat.
All I know is good food is good food. I don't care if its smoked or fried. Outdoor cooking is where its at!

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:46 pm
dkirn well done
well done

There is nothing like being one with nature and cooking with FIRE

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:19 am
ThrRoff well done
well done

dkirn

Thanks for the advice for the log in........I have tried it, and being able to post is still iffy.

Grand Scale........Did you intend to post a picture or link to your 7 in 1 rig? Seems interesting, and I would like to learn more.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:16 am
dkirn well done
well done

Grand Scale -

Give us some more info on your 7 in 1 device - you have peeked our minds!!!

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:13 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

It's a great little toy. It's a bullet style. Lets start from the ground up. A three legged propane burner. The bottom section had three legs that fit over the legs of the burner. There's an opening in the bottom for the flame burn. In the bottom unit there is a charcoal/wood tray and a water tray. Threre's also a door for access to the trays in the side. This unit has a grill grate. There's a middle spacer, that also has a grill grate. Then theres the lid with built in thermometer. The seven in one comes from, it can be used as a propane smoker, a charcoal smoker, a propane grill, a charcoal grill, indirect grill, a fryer (pot not included), propane lighter for charcoal. Of course I got the stainless model.
Its a great little deal. Perfect for camping and tailgating.
Check it out.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:32 pm
dkirn well done
well done

I love gadgets - do you have any more info - name, model number, website???

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:44 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Silly me, I thought I'd posted the url to it when I first mentioned it.

http://www.masterbuilt.com/store/smm7tsb.html

I think that at least one other company makes a similar product.
I bought mine from Gander Mountain, I know Cabelas sell one two.

This should make more sense now.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:13 pm
ThrRoff well done
well done

Grande Scale,

Nice gaget. For the frier part it certainly look more steady than the one I have.

Post Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:25 pm
hickory pete well done
well done

Grand Scale,

That's quite a set-up you have there, and you have a lot of options at a reasonable price.

Pete

Post Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:18 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I should also add that I have modified the base slightly in order to hod my big 80qt pot. Smaller pots will stit within the lip of the burner, which I like for stability and safety. My big pot has too larger diameter and sits on top of the lip, athough still solid it is now vital that the ground be perfectly level and the pot not be bumped. What I have opted to do is create extension arms. By welding tabs onto 1/2" rod, threaded at the end, I can slide these stabilizers into holes I drilled into the support lip and bolt them in place. Now my big pot works fine and I don't have to be as gingerly around it. Still safety first when frying!!

Post Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:18 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Grand Scale,

I have to admit that I am really impressed with your 7 in 1 set up. I could not tell in the description..does the lid have a hinge. If it doesn't , It's not that big a deal. I think that I am looking to expand in the spring, and buy something that does a lot more than what I have here. I even noticed that there is a Master Barbecue (7 in 1), for $119.95. It's not stainless, and does not appear to have the side work table, but it also is quite nice. Do you like what you have? Are their any regrets with it? There is a Gander Mountain about a mile from my house, and I was just in there yesterday and didn't notice this grill...but then again I wasn't looking that close. I'll be going back tomorrow.

Pete

Next

Return to General Discussion