Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

Introduce yourself! What does your username say about you?

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:46 pm
chagan well done
well done

chagan:
Chris Hagan, almighty griller and narcissist....................................................................................................................or just Chris Hagan :oops:

No, it ain't burnt- it's barbecue

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:16 pm
YardBurner BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Info@Workman wrote:
However, once I showed up at Steven's event in town, and he posted pics of me, the cat was out of the bag!

Info

Info's (aka Amy) the one in the middle :wink:

The guy on the right with the impeccable fashion sense
is none other than our own Airfoils!
Weber Summit E-470
Weber 22" MasterTouch
Performer One Touch
Traeger Lil Tex
New Braunfels Hondo
Bar-B-Chef
Weber Q-220

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:39 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

Man of Fire,

Sorry its been a while since I have been able to post, Busy at work..... to answer the question to if I chase my hot stuff with ice cream, the answer is YES many a times!!! A phrase my father always says is that when eating hot stuff you need some "come on ice cream"

What is "come on ice cream"? Put yourself back in the shoes of mr man of fire. You have eaten something hot and spicy and it is burning later on that night......you are just praying and hoping for that ice cream and whilst sitting there you keep saying.... come on ice cream, come on ice cream......
Image Image
"Who you callin' a chile head?!"

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:05 pm
Info@Workman Site Admin
Site Admin

Um, thanks YardBurner for that reminder of how hard it is not to look like a dork while balancing a platter that has a Beer-Can Chicken on it . . . I think Steven and Airfoils are smiling cause they think I'm going to drop it any second!!

Info

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:52 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I think its being balanced very well. Maybe Steven will let you tour with him and you can show off his food, kinda like Vanna White does with the letters on the Wheel of Fortune. What can we call you??.......gotta have a nice jingle to it.........how bout Info?? :lol:
Image Image

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:55 pm
Ironwulf well done
well done

:shock: WOW! This thread has gotten a lot longer than I expected it to. Okay, I think it's time to, as charred phrased it, "let the cat out of the bag." My reason for making this post was to get some information on methodologies behind coming up with usernames. Why? Because there was no real methodology behind "Ironwulf," and I'm kind of wondering if I should consider changing it. What do you guys think?
Last edited by Ironwulf on Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:57 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

I kinda like the name ironwulf. Why did you use the name ironwulf anyway? We need to know that methodology before we can give suggestions....
Image Image

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:59 pm
Ironwulf well done
well done

That's what I'm saying. There wasn't any methodology. Except...

Well, I kinda like wolves. I also have German ancestry, which is how I got the spelling of "wulf." I also thought the name had sort of a Dungeons & Dragons ring to it, and I am a huge video game fan.
Last edited by Ironwulf on Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:01 pm
charred medium
medium

IronWulf, that's pretty interesting, I figured you had something up your sleeve. Even if alot of the screen-names don't have deep meanings (charred = first example), this thread has been fun and enlightening. As far as changing your screen-name, I wouldn't have guessed that it wasn't significant to you, and in some ways, it's how we (rest of board) know and recognize you! (not to mention the work you put into your graphics)

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:02 pm
HotSauceGuru well done
well done

oh, i see. to be honest the name ironwulf is kinda nice. its easy to type for one thing so responses and replies to you are a little easier to make than if it was something like jumpthefence123687952. that would be hard to duplicate in a response and you would just be called jump. I like the name and I think you should keep it. If you have something else that you may want to use then by all means you can change it. Just be sure to let us all know who you are.....dont wanna lose ya!
Image Image

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:24 pm
jm42fan well done
well done

Been away for a while. Nice thread, as i've also wondered about the names.

I'm a Nascar fan & my favorite driver is Jamie McMurray. His car # is 42. So Jamie Mcmurray 42 fan.
CGwSFB
Coleman 3300 gasser

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:36 pm
weekend cook well done
well done

Im with HSG, if you like the name, and I like the name, keep it. If you want something else, then change it. My six year old loves the picture of the wolf. Some people had a methodology, and some like you didnt. Either one is fine. Besides, if you start over, you'll need to start your rating all over again. :lol:
Louie aka Caveman Cooking Over Fire.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:53 pm
Wolfpackbbq well done
well done

Wolfpack Racing.... Basically the team name my brother and I started to race under when we ran radio control nitro boats about 10 years ago. Dad's name is Wolfgang, so we are the pack. We both still use it on our race cars. When I started using it as a screen name I just shortened it up. Besides it's sounds better than Big E Fry which is what I was using when I was building carbs and engines for RX7's.

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:40 pm
stickman medium
medium

My id comes from playing a musical instrument called the Chapman Stick and the name just sort of stuck (sorry for the pun).

You might have heard the instrument if you are a King Crimson or Peter Gabriel fan (its the bass line for Shock the Monkey). It is also the instrument Hawat played as the baliset in the original Dune movie.

Here is a picture of the Stick, but not a picture of me:

I wish the reason I got the name was because I was really lean, but regularly trying live fire recipes in the prof's books and smoke scented dining establishments has made that nearly impossible. :D
Stickman

Post Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:41 pm
Ironwulf well done
well done

weekend cook wrote:
if you start over, you'll need to start your rating all over again.

...... I did not know that. Good thing you said something.

Well, that settles it. I'm sticking with "Ironwulf."

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion