Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint BBQ in Las Vegas?

BBQ in Las Vegas?

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 am

If I could only eat barbecue twice on my trip to Las Vegas this month WHERE should I go?

I've heard about RUB BBQ (Paul Kirk's place) and Memphis Championship Barbecue (Mike Mill's place), but was wondering if anyone has an opinion on where I should definitely try?

Your comments and opinions would be greatfully appreciated!!!

Post Thu May 05, 2011 4:22 pm
WPCatfish well done
well done

Tough one. I haven't had 'real' BBQ in Vegas, just the chain place at Red Rock Resort, which wasn't bad if I remember. Of course, shooting for 40 minutes at their craps table immediately afterward does color my judgment a bit.
I have fire!

Last grills:

Pork Chops
Chargriller Fried Chicken
Roast Chicken
Grilled Pineapple
Cheese Dogs

Post Sun May 22, 2011 8:46 pm

Well, I went to Vegas for work, and ended up losing only a few bucks!

I was able to get to two barbecue joints while there, unfortunately neither one were exactly great.

BBKings Blues Club was definitely a bar, serving some food. Looked like a typical sports bar with LOTS of televisions all over the place. The menu looked like a typical barbecue joint and I got the "chopped pork plate". A knife had never been waved anywhere close to this "chopped" pork. The pulled pork was fairly moist with lots of thick red sauce spooned over the pile. I also had one of the ribs and it had great flavor, but was pretty dry.

Also went to "Memphis Championship Barbecue" (a Mike Mills restaurant). Got the 4-meat platter and was more than stuffed when I was half-way through. BabyBack ribs, beef brisket, pork, and chicken - all dry-rubbed and then sauced ( or not). The pork was very dry with a strong smoke flavor; the ribs were undercooked and without much flavor; the beef brisket was really good - both flavor and texture; and the barbecued chicken was the most moist and tender chicken that I've ever put in my mouth! All in all this was a pretty good meal!

Just wanted to let anyone know who might be heading that way.

Return to Best BBQ Joint