Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Lil bit o Dessert on the CG

Lil bit o Dessert on the CG

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:51 pm
flatrate rare
rare

These apples were not my idea, sorry but I can remember who posted photos of these on the board, you deserve some credit these are a huge hit. Stuffed apples with brown sugar/ cinnamon / pat of butter

Now for some sliced apples and brown sugar / cinnamon, and raspberry filling topped with Ginger snap cookies ( crushed )

Loaded on the CG for about an hour

And the finished product........................? Well no photo evidence of that, trying to explain to a bunch of guys buzzed up from beer and pork that you want to take a few pics of the food for an online BBQ message board doesn't exactly go to plan sometimes.

It was fantastic, thanks to the board for another great idea

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:11 pm
GoBucks medium-rare
medium-rare

Looks like a great beginning to a happy ending.
Well done.
Chargriller Outlaw w/SFB
Weber One Touch Gold 22.5

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:20 pm
flatrate rare
rare

Thanks, on an unrelated note, I finally got into restaurant depot thanks to my KCBS membership. 7.89 for 18 lbs of royal oak lump? Walked out with 4 bags, didn't have time to explore to much but the meat selection seemed outstanding.

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:35 pm
SCBBQBill well done
well done

Put yer Apron on and tell dem boyz that nuthin gets touched until the pics are taken!!..... :twisted: :wink:

Dang... I thought I had a new one for the wife but needed to see the finished product! :cry:

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:20 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

Nice! I agree with the fellas about the final pix though. 8)
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:15 am
jfm0830 well done
well done

I'll bet those tasted great!! I've made some smoke roasted apples from the first season of Primal Grill that was a simpler recipe than this one. They came out really great and this recipe looks like it could have been even better. I am a little surprised it only took an hour as mine took 2 hours at 225.

You do have to find a way to keep the unruly masses in line until you get your pictures. I am lucky because most of my friends have seen my website. I just tell them I need to get a few quick pictures for my website, and people cooperate. In your case you could have threatened to cut off the beer supply if anyone touches the food before you snap the pictures.

Jim
2 Large BGEs
Kenmore Elite 6 Burner Gas Grill
BBQ Site: http://grillinsmokin.net

Return to General Discussion