Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials A Raichlen Framework

A Raichlen Framework

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:02 pm
wacton medium
medium

I just made a fantastic meal. I used Steven's recipes as a base, and added my own influence where I thought I could. I made the marinade from the "Hong Kong Honey-Glazed Wings" and used the indirect cooking method of the "Eat It and Beat It wings," becuase we have put away the grill for the winter, but kept the smoker out. I also did the Sesame Spinach Salad, but added Rice Vinegar, and increased the soy sauce and sesame oil, becuase I'm really not a fan of sherry. I also did the Sesame Grilled Oyster Mushrooms, but added three jalapeno peppers, and broiled them rather than grilled them, because of the locked-up status of the grill. With the Salad and the Mushrooms I went off of past experience for the dressing and the marinade--some members of my family found both recipes a little flat and heavy with the sesame oil, so in the salad I added rice vinegar to create a little sparkle, and in the case of the mushrooms, I added the jalapenos to create some excitement on the palate---and it worked!

Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:03 pm
wacton medium
medium

Oh, all recipes were from The Barbecue Bible.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:45 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thats sounds like a great great meal.
And you're right, one of the things I love as well about Steve's recipes is that they are all adjustable to our personal tastes.
Keep up the good work.

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:46 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

wacton you're making me hungry. :D Sounds like you were eatin' good.

You need to check out Steven's new book :wink:

Post Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:20 am
wacton medium
medium

I'll have to try that book--as I type, the smoker is under three inches of snow. I have to dig it out today, though--corned beef awaits.

Return to Testimonials