Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion The Grill Gadget--very disappointed

The Grill Gadget--very disappointed

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:53 pm
GrillGuy rare
rare

I recently went to a trade show where the "Grill Gadget" was for sale. If you've never seen this thing, it's simply a tool that's made to clean your grill grate. They have two versions (for charcoal and gas grill grates)--they claim it out-performs a wire brush.

I figured what the heck and bought one. I have a basic Weber kettle charcoal grill, so they sold me the appropriate 'gadget'. I can't say how disappointed i was with this product. It costs $20, and it flat out DOES NOT WORK!!! It's like trying to clean your grill with an old shoe.
I emailed the company 3 times over a month, simply asking if I could return the item (i still had the receipt), and finally received a rude reply the 3rd time when I finally threatened to share my story (which i'm doing now)--the Vice-President of the company told me if i did "you will pay."

If you have a gas grill this thing MIGHT work, but if you have a grill similar to the one i have, then don't waste your $20.
hope this saves someone else a little money, 'cause i sure can't get mine back.

grillguy

Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 8:50 am
hickory pete well done
well done

Grill Guy,

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll stick to the old wire brush method for now.

Pete

Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:31 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Thanks for the heads up Grill Guy. :)

Post Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:02 pm
dkirn well done
well done

Thanks for the head up - do you have any other info (like website) to post so everyone will be prepared

Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:30 am
GrillGuy rare
rare

oh yeah, here's the website:
http://www.grillgadget.com/

Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:12 am
hickory pete well done
well done

After looking at the picture of the "Gadget", I had something like that many years ago. Mine was three sided and really didn't work that well. The last time I saw it was on the way to the trash. In fact, I remember I stopped using it because I was tired of the char scrapings hitting me in the face, and going all over the place, not to mention that I had to still clean the grating after I used it.

Pete

Post Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:18 pm
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Duely Noted...Thanks

Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:52 am
dkirn well done
well done

Grill Guy -

Thanks for the website post - I had just clicked on the website to see what the product was and my wife walked in and told me that she was planning on buying it for me for Christmas - thanks for the warning!!

Post Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:57 am
GrillGuy rare
rare

whew!! that was a close one :wink:

Post Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:29 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

GrillGuy,

Thanks for sharing your experience. There are so many "gadgets" out there for the "one born everyday". I appreciate you steering us away from a bum deal.

Return to General Discussion