Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint End of the Trail Saloon and Eatery, South of Heavener, Okla.

End of the Trail Saloon and Eatery, South of Heavener, Okla.

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
wallasan10 rare
rare

At the end of a long day of riding I was headed back to my camp site at Cedar Lake. I was cruising north on US 59 and just a couple of miles south of Holson Valley Road I saw a place called the End Of The Trail Saloon and Eatery. The sign out front said “Welcome Bikersâ€
Last edited by wallasan10 on Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11th Cavalry 1970
Smoky Mountain Series Smoker
Char Griller Super-Pro SFB

Post Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:23 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Nice to read that they're not trying to overdo the menu with something for everyone. Too many places take that approach instead of doing just a few things well.

Nice report!

Brad

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:49 am
baker well done
well done

Hmmmm.....do I sense a smokescreen here?

I did a quick Google of the place, as I have relatives in OK, and may be going out there sometime soon. Wanted to see if it was close enough to take a trip over...

First hit, a Honda riders forum:
http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/83-tex ... atery.html

The same word for word review...not that that makes it bad. I've posted the same items on different forums before, cut and paste is your friend sometimes. Getting good info out is easy this way.

Second hit, the home page of the restaurant:
http://www.endofthetrailsaloon.com/

Interestingly it's the exact same picture of the one that was posted in this forum. Could be a coincidence? Hmmmm......

Further Google hits provide very similar info.

One impressive thing though, they are located in Hogden. What a great town name for a BBQ restaurant.

I'm a little suspect on this review. Not that I doubt that the brisket is good, or the idea that one of the guys at the bar gave him the evil eye. I mean after all, he was riding a Honda. But is this a real "I walked in out of nowhere and oh my god the food was great" review? Hmmmm......
I've got a mess of U15s and I'm not afraid to bring them into the conversation!

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:54 pm
wallasan10 rare
rare

I posted this exact same review in three different places, here, on the Honda forum (as you already know), and on the Cowtown Motorcycle Meetup Group where I am an Assistant Organizer. http://www.meetup.com/motorcycle-23/mes ... d/10004429

Yes I copied one of the photos from their web site. I liked that picture and didn’t see it till after I got home and looked then up on the internet. The other three pictures I took myself.
I had never been there before, and I’d never met these people before. It was an honest review.
I had a great experience there and my main goal was to share it with my motorcycle friends. Posting it here was secondary. After all, this site is about Bar-B-Que. I didn’t bother to rewrite for the Bar-B-Que Bible, I just copied and pasted what I had written for the motorcycle sites.

And nobody gave me the “evil eyeâ€
11th Cavalry 1970

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:20 pm
baker well done
well done

My apologies. I may have woken up in a more cynical mood than usual, I just reread your original post, and saw that I inferred more than I should (not to mention getting the "evil eye" thing quite wrong).

It's not close to where I'll be going out to, in fact it looks like 3.5 hours.

Again, my apologies.

I used to have a Honda myself, 750C Custom, a 1981 I think. A long long time ago, before kids.
I've got a mess of U15s and I'm not afraid to bring them into the conversation!

Post Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:41 pm
wallasan10 rare
rare

Apologies accepted.
We motorcyclists do encounter places where we receive a less than warm reception. So when we encounter biker friendly places we try to get the word out. The past few years we have seen great progress as places around the country come to realize that motorcyclists tend to spend money when they come to town. We have to, because we can’t carry as much food and drink with us as people who travel in automobiles can. Also riding a motorcycle wears you out faster than driving a car so we spend more time in motels and such.

There’s a lot of good Que here in Texas and I have gotten some good tips from this site. This was just me giving a little back. I know some other places that I really should tell ya’ll about when I get around to it.
11th Cavalry 1970

Return to Best BBQ Joint