Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint City BBQ now open in Greenwood IN

City BBQ now open in Greenwood IN

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:25 am
Giraffeman medium
medium

Has anyone been there yet? I know it's a chain. A small chain, but there are a few of them. Is their stuff any good?

Jason

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:34 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

I've heard mixed reviews about City but I had some takeout pulled pork and pulled chicken from the Lebanon, Ohio location about 2 weeks ago and it was pretty good. The pork reheated well the next day, too.

Brad

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:43 pm
rogerja well done
well done

Not sure what you have there locally, but City BBQ is probably the best in Columbus - outside of my backyard, of course.

Though it's a chain, you can tell they spend time on the BBQ and sides (sides are really good).

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Giraffeman medium
medium

we went to the one in Greenwood on Saturday. It was packed. We walked in past the smokers and didn't see any smoke. That had me worried. My wife said it smelled like bbq, but no smoke. I couldn't agree or disagree since I have no sense of smell. We walked in and they gave me a sample of the pulled pork and brisket. The pork was great. I tried the brisket. It was tasty too. That was the first beef I have had willingly in about 16 years. We got the deluxe sampler and fried pickles. Everything was great. Except the chicken. It was chicken. Not good. not bad. Just chicken. But the pulled pork, ribs and brisket were great.

Jason

Return to Best BBQ Joint