Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint SC BBQ

SC BBQ

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:24 pm
low86b200 raw
raw

Maurice's BBQ in Santee off I95 has some of the best pulled pork I've ever had.And they have the best mustard sauce I've ever had,and some realy good sweet tea.

Post Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:53 pm
Grillslinger BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Thanks, for charing, low86b200. That's away from my neck of the woods, but you never know!

By the way, welcome to the board!

A.

Post Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:30 pm

When I was stationed at MALS 31 in Beaufort, SC, right outside the base, if I remember correctly, was a little BBQ hole-in-the-wall place that served up some of the best pulled pork I've ever had. White building, with picnic tables style seating. They were only open a few days a week, like Thursday to Sunday. Anyone know the place? Man I'd love to revisit!

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 am

I liked Maurice's, especially the barbecue hash. Now that was NEW to me! His mustard based sauce is really tasty and good!

The propaganda materials were truly interesting too! Not exactly what I was expecting!

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:21 pm
Dyal_SC well done
well done

carnonthief....Hmm...not sure which bbq joint in Beaufort to which you're referring, but there are several here in SC that's pretty decent. The lowcountry of SC hosts a variety of good bbq joints. Dukes BBQ is what I grew up with, as they have an awesome creamy mustard-based sauce. That's my kind of soul food / comfort food. I hear that Sweatman's bbq in Holly Hill is the best, but embarassingly, I have yet to try it out. Maurice's is definitely a "chain" kind of bbq place in these parts, but I do like their sauce. If you want some true SC bbq, just come to SCmustardman's, SCBBQbill's, or my house for some goooood bbq eatin'........ :D
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Return to Best BBQ Joint