x

The Best BBQ Delivered to You!

Sign up here for Steven’ Raichlen’s weekly Up in Smoke e-newsletter (and get a free ‘Best Burgers’ e-book!).

Menu

News & Information

The Good News and the Bad News

The Good News and the Bad News

Many of you have been asking about season 5 of BBQ U. Well, I have some good news and bad news. You may know that I have two loves in life (outside my family): barbecue, of course, and literature. This winter I took 6 months off to fulfill a lifelong dream: I wrote a novel. No, it’s not about barbecue (but it does involve someone who knows his way around the kitchen.) The good news is that I finished the novel–on my birthday no less! The bad news is that we took a year off from taping BBQ U. Many PBS stations will be running shows from years 1, 2, 3, and 4 of BBQ U this summer–think of them as a refresher course on your favorite BBQ U techniques and recipes. (Contact your local PBS station for air times or to request that they run the show.) We plan to be back with all new, even bigger and better season of BBQ U next year. Thanks for your understanding and your interest and enthusiasm for the show. Stay tuned for info on both BBQ U ’08 and the novel.