Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion When will Steven get...

When will Steven get...

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
Post Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:49 pm
wfd146 rare
rare

...his own show on the Food Network? Come on, there is no one that can tell me that his show wouldn't do well. There are so may great shows on Food TV, but there are a lot of bad ones that Steven's BBQ show could take the place of, Sara's Secrets, Malto Mario, Bobby Flay, and the Iron Chef to name a few. The only one's I love are Emeril, Good Eats, Best of, Follow that Food,and Food Unwrapped.

Come on Steven make it happen!
Charcoal is best, but Gas is pretty cool...as long as it's a Weber!

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:40 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

AMEN!!

But I like Bobby Fly, his "Boy Meet s Grill" book is pretty good. His show usually has some pretty good ideas, even if he himself isn't.
Iron Chef just makes me laugh...

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:22 am
dkirn well done
well done

I thought that maybe I was the only closet Iron Chef watcher. OK so I only watch about 5-10 minutes before I change the channel, but I laugh the entire time

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:57 am
hickory pete well done
well done

I think that if Steven had his own show it would do well, not to mention, increase his following, and sell his books. I also, like to watch cooking by Emeril.

Pete

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:13 am
Airfoils well done
well done

Now see, I enjoy most all of the shows on Foodnetwork EXCEPT Bobbly Flay. I find him to be smug and arrogant, especially on the show "Hot off the Grill" which as some of you may know has nothing to do with a grill of any type unless you count grill pans and that JenAir he uses. He's always abusing the butcher and fish monger he has there, often ridiculing them after they offer tips and advice Flay had requested! I'm not too crazy about Jamie Oliver either, but I would very happily trade Flay in for Reichlen anyday everyday. Anyway, I'd enjoy a show with Steve but think he would do better in a setting where it's just him and the grill in a nice setting minus the distractions of a live audience.

One more thing...Iron Chef ROCKS! They should bring it back.

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:38 am
Luke medium-rare
medium-rare

Ever since Jack McDavid left food network there hasn't been any real bbq discussion. Al Roker has done a few specials and AB has had a couple of good episodes but that is about it. Food Network tends towards the fancy. Myself I am a bakyard, friends and football kind of guy. Fancy is nice one or twice a year but kick back, hearty, messy food that you eat on paper plates is my passion.
Live Different

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:54 pm
Airfoils well done
well done

Luke wrote:
Ever since Jack McDavid left food network there hasn't been any real bbq discussion. .

Ah....good times my friend :D

Return to General Discussion