Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Rotisserie Turkey using infrared back burner....

Rotisserie Turkey using infrared back burner....

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.
HAT raw
raw

All the recipes/cooktimes (that I can find) all over the 'net are for indirect rotisserie using the main burners.

Has anybody ever done one using the back infrared?? I'm talking about a small (7-8 lb.) secondary bird to be used for seconds/leftovers.

Is it even possible to cook a bird of this size all the way thru w/o nuking the skin using the higher heat of the IBB??

All advice appreciated

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:52 am
Grand Scale BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

To be honest my grill has the infrared burner and I've never used the thing. I know you can do the bird using your rotis. and the grill below, if nobody else answers just go for it that way.
But I too will ba anxious on advise on using the infrared.

Post Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:27 am
dkirn well done
well done

My grill has the infared unit on the back as well - I tried it once when I first got the grill and just succeeded in having chicken breasts that were done faster on the back row. Actually it was kind of a pain because I was grilling rather large chicken breasts and the back half cooked faster than the front that was not infront of the infared heat source so I ended up with some dry chicken breast to get them completely cooked. Since then I have never used it.

Return to General Discussion