Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina

Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Gater1848 raw
raw

Hi I am headed to Charleston, SC from Cincinnati, and would like to try some of the best BBQ along the way. Any suggestions?

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:19 am
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

What route are you planning on taking, and how far out of the way are you willing to go?

Brad

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm
Gater1848 raw
raw

I-75 to I-40 to I-26

Depends on how great the bbq is!

Actually I wouldn't want to go too far out of the way, but if there is a "must go to restaurant" I will do my best to be there!

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Unfortunately, you will not be spending hardly ANY time at all in North Carolina and you aren't going through the Mecca of either Eastern Style or Lexington Style North Carolina barbecue.

The ONLY Q-joint that you will be in the neighborhood of that I highly recommend is "The Fiddlin' Pig" in Asheville, NC. This establishment is on the east side of Asheville, several miles off of I-26 after it parts from I-40 on the west side of Asheville.

The Fiddlin' Pig is located at 26 Tunnel Road, (828)251-1979.

I've rated their barbecue a 4.6 on my 1.0 (bad) to 5.0 (best) scale.

Good luck with your quest and have a safe trip!

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:10 pm
rogerja well done
well done

The in-laws find that I-71 to US-35 to I-77 to I-74 work best when going to SC. But they're just north of Cincy.

The benefits of this route, however, is it puts you next to Lexington, N.C. and all the BBQ goodness that is there. Just follow US-64.

Maybe take I-64 to I-77?

Return to Best BBQ Joint