Board index Barbecue Board Best BBQ Joint Smoque

Smoque

What's your favorite place (aside from your backyard) to eat BBQ?
Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm
luke61308 rare
rare

I have seen posts on here before singing the praises of Smoque barbecue in Chicago, IL.

I wanted to add my two cents on how great the barbecue at Smoque is. I just got done eating at two of the most famous barbecue places in Memphis, Interstate Barbecue for dinner and Rendezvous for lunch. I am by no means an expert on barbecue but I do know good food when I taste it and Smoque blows both of these places out of the water.

My point in all of this is that if you are ever in Chicago make sure you head out to N Pulaski and check out Smoque.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:10 pm

I agree that Smoque is awfully good, not so much for ribs in my opinion, but their pulled pork is great and their beef brisket is phenomenal. You know what else is great here? Their peach cobbler. I have fantasies about that granola crust. MM mm

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 am
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome to the board, carbonthief! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:04 pm
ScreamingChicken BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

An acquaintance of mine had his daughter's wedding reception catered by Smoque a few weeks ago and I've heard nothing but positives about the food.

Brad

Post Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:17 pm
MitchSchaft medium-well
medium-well

Interstate Barbecue and Rendezvous are famous, but definately NOT the best. The BBQ you smoke in your backyard is better than both, that's for sure.

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:37 pm
Attrill well done
well done

Everything at Smoque is really good, and the brisket is incredible. For ribs I prefer Honey 1, but Smoque's are very good. Smoque also brings its sausage in from Taylor, Texas.

Return to Best BBQ Joint