Board index Barbecue Board General Discussion Trigg Rib Shigg from "BBQ Pitmasters"

Trigg Rib Shigg from "BBQ Pitmasters"

This is the place to ask your BBQ questions, share information, and more.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:57 am
Dyal_SC well done
well done

You know, I was wondering the same thing. I saw this post awhile back, then noticed the pics were "x"'d out. So no, it's not just you, smokenbrew.
Large BGE
CG Duo with SFB

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:17 am
Tosprops medium
medium

Sorry about the pics, folks. I'm having some trouble with my hosting site. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.
Chargriller Outlaw w/SFB - For Sale
Weber 18" WSM
UDS
Bubba Keg
KCBS CBJ

Post Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm
MitchSchaft medium-well
medium-well

man, cant believe the pics are dead :(.

Post Mon May 03, 2010 9:55 pm
Tosprops medium
medium

Sorry about the pics, guys. But, check online at TLC. Everything I posted about Johnny Trigg's ribs was information that he made available to the public with his full consent.

He has also said publicly that he uses Williams Rib Tickler rub along with the onion powder and black pepper that he puts on his ribs. I picked up some Williams rub and it is a pretty basic recipe with sugar, salt, paprika, garlic, and black and red pepper. It's pretty tasty but it's very basic. I like it.

Trigg basically uses a modified 3-2-1 method for his ribs. My best advice is to experiment with the "2" part of the equation. I think the 2 hours in foil is too long, but you may find it to be just right.

The bottom line is, cook ribs the way you like them. That's the best BBQ ribs going. Trigg cooks to please judges which means he is aiming at sweet and slightly spicey. Use the seasonings that you like and you will have some great ribs.

BTW - I tried butter instead of Parkay and the ribs turned out fine, So, again, it's a personal preference thing. That's the key.

The results are important, not the process.
Chargriller Outlaw w/SFB - For Sale
Weber 18" WSM
UDS
Bubba Keg
KCBS CBJ

Post Tue May 04, 2010 2:56 pm
MitchSchaft medium-well
medium-well

Luckily I remember what most of the pics looked like from last time I tried it :D. I did a 2-1.5-1 babyback on the CG this weekend and they turned out great. I also use butter instead of margarine.

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:39 am
warthog1 medium-rare
medium-rare

Remember butter will burn at a lower temperature then margarine. Some folks have had problems using butter with the Trigg method.
UDS, Char Griller, Webber 3
"TWO HUNGRY HOGS" BBQ team

Previous

Return to General Discussion