Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Variation on Grilled Eggs

Variation on Grilled Eggs

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:26 pm

Steve,
:D My son sent me your book, "Beer-Can Chicken" about 2 months ago and I have since cooked 2 birds on their cans.

This morning my wife and I were browsing through the book and came upon Grilled Eggs on page 282 and we thought that sounded like something that would be worth trying. Problem was that out of all the ingredients we only have eggs and lettuce. Undaunted we forged ahead and fired up the gas grill to medium and poked holes in 4 eggs. We put the eggs on the grill and turned them every minute and a quarter for a total cooking time of 6 minutes in a closed grill.

The result was the best soft-cooked eggs we have ever had!! We enjoyed them the old fashioned way with butter and salt and pepper, accompanied by buttered toast and coffee.

Thank you, Steve, for giving me the courage to try new things and for the huge amount of work you have done so that my efforts are so much fun and so good to eat!
Cy,
Take the time to love one another

Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:13 pm
Bolo medium
medium

This sounds interesting. Is this recipe in the BCC book. I will have to find my book and look up the recipe. Here is my dumb question. Do you actually poke holes in the egg shells and cook them in the shell? That is what it sounded like to me.
"Baa Be Cue"

"It's Just Not For Breakfast Anymore"

Kingsford 22 1/2 inch Kettle BBQ

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:53 am
Smokin Joe medium
medium

Welcome to the boards Cy. We have lots of fun and learn lots around here so visit often.
Grillin' in the Sunshine State

Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:32 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

I'd also like to welcome to to the board Cy! :D And invite you to join us in BBQ coversation in other areas of the forum.

Post Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:16 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Welcome aboard, Cy Robinson! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:34 pm
Michigan Fats well done
well done

Welcome Cy!

Keep cooking and keep posting!
Al

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:27 am
MitchSchaft medium-well
medium-well

Lol, a welcome 5 years late :D

Post Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:58 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Better late than never! :D
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:11 am
bajamike560 well done
well done

CanadaBBQGuy wrote:
Better late than never! :D

LOL, that is what I was thinking...
In scout's we learned how to cook egg's on a stick. :?: :shock:

Mike

Return to Testimonials