Board index Barbecue Board Testimonials Grilled bananas Foster

Grilled bananas Foster

Share your war stories, your successes, and how Steven's books have changed your cooking from charburgers to grilling magic.
Post Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:51 am
Ericd medium-well
medium-well

I made grilled bananas foster last night for some company. The sauce only took 5 minutes to make and the bananas took about 6 minutes on the grill. The warm sauce drizzled over the caramelized outer edges of the bananas, layered on top of vanilla ice cream?

It got rave reviews. If you're looking for a quick dessert to make and still impress? This is one I'm gonna make again and again.

(Especially since I now have giant bottles of banana liquer and dark rum) :)

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:55 pm
CharredGriller User avatar
BBQ Deputy
BBQ Deputy

Yup - this one got rave reviews from my family the first time I made it, and that hasn't changed a bit in four years, either. Great recipe!
Unlike propane, you'll never wake up scorched and naked in another county because you mishandled a bag of briquettes.

Post Thu May 21, 2009 12:38 pm

Sounds amazing and fairly simple to make.... that's going to be dessert next time I grill!

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:17 pm
CaCook medium-well
medium-well

How do you cut the bananas?
Does it stick to the grill and do you flip them?

Post Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:36 am
Bob-BQN User avatar
well done
well done

CaCook, I've grilled bananas a couple of times. Make sure that they are not too green, they need to be ripe but firm. Here is a thread with pictures of how I cut them:

http://www.barbecuebible.com/board/view ... p?p=123606

I don't recall much trouble with sticking. I suppose you could use a non-stick grill basket if you have concerns about sticking. (one like used for veggies or fish). I'd imagine that you could even use suspended skewers but you wouldn't get any grill marks.

HTH. :)

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:41 pm
caveman rare
rare

I've wanted to try this for a while, but I never seem to have bananas on hand at the proper ripeness. I'll make it a point to plan ahead now!

I make another banana dessert that gets great reviews too. Make a cut in a banana from tip to tip while still in the peel. Put 3-4 pieces of a hershey bar in the incision and wrap the banana in foil. Cook on low or medium low heat for 8-10 minutes. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Looks nasty but tastes incredible.

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:45 am
JD_Smokes well done
well done

I've made banana flambe on numerous occasions, but never bananas foster. Definitely looks simple enough...so simple a caveman could do it. :D
Eating meat is murder.....mmmm, tasty, tasty murder.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals

Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 am
Woodbutcher68 well done
well done

JD_Smokes wrote:
...so simple a caveman could do it. :D

That's it! I'm outta here!
Perfect Flame 5 Burner
CG SuperPro w/SFB and RiboLator

Return to Testimonials